LEVINSON 333 Schematic?? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd January 2005, 07:41 PM   #1
expert in tautology
diyAudio Member

Default LEVINSON 333 Schematic??

Anyone have one?

I googled it, and found none. That Obsolete Levinson site does nto have it.

Someone has asked me to mend their 333. Since it has significant amounts of cluster mined circulosity and copious alien inspired control circuitry I am not anxious to take it on without a roadmap.

I will be happy to agree to not circulate or post it, if that makes a diff to you...

Please contact me off list if you want to (bear at bearlabs dot com)

Thanks,

_-_-bear
Old 24th January 2005, 12:49 AM   #2
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to lumanauw
Once me with 3 of my friend tries to lift single channel of that, and it was very heavy for 4 people.
Old 4th February 2005, 07:18 PM   #3
MtBiker is offline MtBiker  United States
diyAudio Member

A friend of mine blew his 333 up and sent it to back Levinson. It was out of warranty and he was the second owner. The parts list of what they replaced was several pages long and the only thing he had to pay was the shipping. Your friend might want to contact ML before you tackle it yourself.
Old 6th February 2005, 05:52 PM   #4
expert in tautology
diyAudio Member

...Ummm how long ago was that??

No charge?

They say $1,200 flat fee - that's Harmon Int'l in Bedford Ma.
But the amp is warranteed for the defecto power supply caps...
which is probably the only problem, assuming the physical leakies from them didn't corrode the PCB somewhere.

Still would like to see a schematic from this series.

_-_- bear
Old 6th February 2005, 09:45 PM   #5
MtBiker is offline MtBiker  United States
diyAudio Member

$1200, ouch. I saw the paperwork with the $0.00 total just before he received the amp itself New Years, 2 years ago. I wouldn't mind seeing a schematic for any of their recent amps though
Old 7th February 2005, 01:58 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Waaay too many chips...might as well build a gain clone.

Grey
Old 7th February 2005, 02:42 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
From what I see here, in those pics, the amps have actually the least amount of chips in their product line: http://www.marklevinson.com/image_li...6&productID=12

Some dealers can get you schematic for ML stuff. I once got them from Buffallo dealer, whom I persueded that I might buy the amp, if I see schematic first. I paid $20 and after a week he mailed me schematics of ML27 and 23.

I went to the major Toronto Madrigal dealer, asking for ML31.5 schematic (as I have all the modules of that transport and need a map to put them together) and they say they never see any schematics. If something needs repair, they replace the whole board. That might explain $1200 price tag from a previous post.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 7th February 2005, 05:33 PM   #8
Banned

Send a message via AIM to yldouright Send a message via Yahoo to yldouright
Peter Daniel
Have you hooked up your ML preamp to your Aleph-X?
Old 7th February 2005, 05:44 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Last time I listened to Aleph X it was a year ago. I'm thinking about building a new version, using all experience I gained while playing with chip amps.

Then I'll connect it to ML preamp. A friend of mine is using Aleph 4 with ML380 preamp and he likes the combination.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 7th February 2005, 05:48 PM   #10
Banned

Send a message via AIM to yldouright Send a message via Yahoo to yldouright
Peter Daniel
If I needed something in the Toronto area could you help me pick it up? I would be responsible to have it shipped to me but I need a man in the area to look at the item.

Hide this!Advertise here!