Levinson 333 Schematic??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have one?

I googled it, and found none. That Obsolete Levinson site does nto have it.

Someone has asked me to mend their 333. Since it has significant amounts of cluster mined circulosity and copious alien inspired control circuitry I am not anxious to take it on without a roadmap.

I will be happy to agree to not circulate or post it, if that makes a diff to you...

Please contact me off list if you want to (bear at bearlabs dot com)

Thanks,

_-_-bear :Pawprint:

...Ummm how long ago was that??

No charge?

They say $1,200 flat fee - that's Harmon Int'l in Bedford Ma.
But the amp is warranteed for the defecto power supply caps...
which is probably the only problem, assuming the physical leakies from them didn't corrode the PCB somewhere.

Still would like to see a schematic from this series.

_-_- bear :Pawprint:

From what I see here, in those pics, the amps have actually the least amount of chips in their product line: http://www.marklevinson.com/image_library/index.asp?categoryID=6&productID=12

Some dealers can get you schematic for ML stuff. I once got them from Buffallo dealer, whom I persueded that I might buy the amp, if I see schematic first. I paid $20 and after a week he mailed me schematics of ML27 and 23.

I went to the major Toronto Madrigal dealer, asking for ML31.5 schematic (as I have all the modules of that transport and need a map to put them together) and they say they never see any schematics. If something needs repair, they replace the whole board. That might explain $1200 price tag from a previous post.

I have some schematics for 331, 332 and 333. I can send them to those who need.

I just bought a fried 333.
One channel has some damage and it looks tricky to fix.

What do you guys think. Should I sell the working channel and build some TO-3 hitachi FET monster in this casing?
When I bought the ML I thought it was a bit too expensive for a case with heatsinks, but now that I look inside I kind of want to "start over" :)

The transfomers have too high voltage for most designs I guess.

If anybody has a working ML333 channel please do tell me :)

Attachments

• 2015-01-29 19.10.21.jpg
    2015-01-29 19.10.21.jpg
    734.3 KB · Views: 731
  • 2015-01-29 19.10.29.jpg
    2015-01-29 19.10.29.jpg
    558 KB · Views: 716
Removed voltage gain and output board of the fried channel.
The beast is still heavy to carry around alone :(

I also took loose the wires to the caps on the unused channel.

I plug it in and nothing...is there some trick I could do to power up the half 333 to verify that one channel is working as it should?

I see there is no protection on the output, I guess the mains relays are the ones cutting power if something goes wrong...like it obviously did for this amp :)
Unfortunately 4x0.05Farad 125V caps can do a lot of damage when charged :)

LEVINSON 333 Schematic

I have some schematics for 331, 332 and 333. I can send them to those who need.<snip>

jlithen, I would really appreciate it if you could send me a copy of your ML 333 schematic. I am the original owner of this amp. Recently when I turned it on, it tripped the dedicated 20 amp circuit breaker. Reset the breaker and it tripped it again.
Thank you,
Randy Poole

Status
Not open for further replies.