Technics SU-X101 amp schematic wanted, and other questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have rescued from the rubbish a Technics SU-X101 "New Class A" amp (circa 1990) that is dead. Well, not exactly dead, for at full volume, amongst the hiss there is a ...faint... sound of music. There is nothing visually wrong inside. I am getting full power to the chip, no problems there. Any clues as to what might be wrong? :confused:

Any way of ascertaining if the chip is dead or alive without a 'scope? If it is dead, does anyone know where to obtain a replacement cheaply?

Does anyone have a schematic for this amp? The chip is labelled SV1-3102 (14 pins). What is the pinout for this chip?

Over all, the layout of the amp is rather sp****, and fairly basic in construction though well enough built, and looks ripe for hot rodding. Any hints for improving it? (apart from throwing it back into the rubbish pile? :rolleyes: )

Thanks for any help! :)

EDIT: the bleeped word is defined by my Oxford Dictionary as "thinly scattered." Why I have been chosen to be censored for using the word s_p_a_r_s_e I have no idea, other than I might usually sit on a thinly scattered part of my body when I remove two items first... If you can follow me :eek:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.