E-Follower & P37 By Rod -- It's cool.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just finished my amp .
E-Follower (by Pavel Macura) drive with Pre (DoZ) P37 By Rod Elliott .

E-Follower
I use IRFP450 & TIP142. (because l have it. :) )
Input 1.5/160 WIMA MKP
parallel 4700/50V with 1.5/160 WIMA MKP
Power supply 35 VDC

Pre (DoZ) P37 By Rod Elliott .
Input 1.5/160 WIMA MKP
Power supply 38 VDC

I try direct coupling between Pre & Amp umm.. not difference

It's run hot.
but sound wonderful , very great . and cheap.
many thanks pavel , Rod.
:D

Some of the readers have small troubles with achieving appropriate Iq through R6 (1 Ohm). This is caused by the different ZD3V zener diodes than I use. I strongly recommend for this position the BZX83 3V0 zener diode (0.6W). The bigger diodes have smoother knee of the reverse characteristics, their zener voltage is usually too low in this circuit, resulting in too low Iq. This can be easily measured as a voltage drop across R6.

Another comment is about direct coupling berween the DoZ pre and the follower. This way you lose output power, as there is a 4V voltage shift at MOSFET gate against DoZ output. Both the DoZ dc output voltage and MOSFET Source output voltage should be at +Vs/2 for the highest possible output power. The only way how to get it is to use the coupling capacitor and bias resistor at MOSFET gate, as seen on my web.

Regards,
Pavel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.