3W Pure Class-A AMP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Upupa Epops said:
This distortion is too high, later you will be not satisfied with him ;) , belive to " old tomcat " :cool: .

ahaha..OK,I trust you that the 14W class-A amp's distortion is too high(full output state)!I will consider let this project push rear!
at present,I will do 4W class-A amp first..
as a young man,I need more experience in DIY practice!

have fun!
WINCO

:D

Upupa Epops said:
4 W are for ...., it is only to the bedroom, not for serious listening :cool: .

:smash:
yes,4W(RMS) seems too low today,I want to build this low power
amp just for proof my idea.
and I have several 3inch full frequency loudspeaker(SONY joint-stock unit,4ohm,20W),sensitive seems OK,series-wound two is 8ohm,haha..it is so cheap($2 each):
;)

Attachments

• sony.jpg
    sony.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 611
Those speaker are wonderfull, if you used it well tuned

I have here, a Sony speaker, made of plastic, and they are using those speakers...my God!

The small ones beat, not in volume, but in quality, all i have related home systems here...those you buy in shops, not hi end amplifiers and hi end speakers...i am talking those Systems...with CD, FM Radio, and sometimes with cassette decks...those are disappearing, those cassete decks.

Also, it can reproduce 30 hertz, and sounds very nice...will depend the speaker tune.

My speaker size are

25 centimeters large
25 centimeters deep
30 centimeters high

Has two tubes inside, tuned ducts, 2 inches diameter and 20 centimeters long...one from front panel to back panel, and the other from back panel to front panel.

The small Sony System that use it is some 10 RMS each channel boom box, have reinforced bass.

But i tested those speaker with other amplifiers, and always sounding very nice....and with big bass...believe it or not!

regards,

Carlos

hi,carlos:
your sound box is so magic!is it using 3" SONY unit?
and how much 3" unit per box?
I have a crazy idea:build a sound box using 8 PCS unit which I have Posted earlier!and it's sound quality will be more stronger than using only one unit.and can load more power,oh..I dreaming ..

regards,
WINCO
:D

Upupa Epops said:
God bless the Earth, if all Chinese start make amps with this efficiency ;) . But seriously : look around, exist many better connections :cool: , think on Gaia. :cool:

hello,Upupa Epops:
a long didn't take with you,are you join to green peace^@^,
many chinese not like me---with a little crazy dream...
but,I think it is so fit to me,except it's low efficiency...hohoho
it expense 64W each channel,stereo just about 130W,lower than ZEN2(72W~80W/per channel),of cause it's output power not much as ZEN2(10W)...
happy everybody!
WINCO

Hey Epupa, since class D event, your amplifiers turn the daddy of your grandfather in

Age....so.... as we are working in hi top level quality systems...to use in our bedroom... near our ears.... a very serious place, the bedroom, as Human kind was produced there Epupa.

And we do not need power..... we want to hear alone...without disturb neighboors.... 3 watts is wonderfull, as we (mankind) are already researching direct inputs to brain....hehe....some picovolts.....your power will be used to flash lamps only, as a heater or someone heavy to keep the door open in a terrible windy day...to avoid door slamp you will use those big machines near future only to keep doors openned.

Also, Japanese and all Asiat tigers (the Masters of the Universe) ,created the drifting... to put automobile to skid over some special track...to burn tires....and those cars need to be ballanced in weigth..... the big amplifiers will have utility there also....to create some weigth ballance.... to avoid some rear tire loose contact with pavement.

We are in a new world man!.... class D arrived.
Man is going to Mars.
Uncle Sam already show real face
Chinese will be the biggest power in earth
And we will go to dance Samba watching US wars on TV

ahahahaha....today i am very bad....yeah!...real bad!

regards,

Carlos

To Winco : Don't take as example Zen, it is stove, where sound is waste product of heating :D . Try to find for example schematic of Accuphase A 20 V, if you need realy good amp in class A. Yes, it is little bit more complicated, any two transistor " miracle ", but efficiency have cca 30 % and sound is superb. :cool:
To Carlos : Space is in human perception " analog ", so let class D to musicians :D , they like light machines.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.