DC Supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is a DC supply that for my DVD player. Many DVD players use recticfied AC to put DC into a switching supply. There is no 60 Hz
transformer in the player and DC from the supply biases the bridge rectifier that would normally rectifiy AC voltage from the wall outlet.

THIS SHOULD ONLY BE USED WITH EQUIPMENT WITH AC LINE POWERED SWITCHERS. LETHAL VOLTAGES ARE PRESENT AND EQUIPMENT CAN BE DAMAGED IF IT USES A 60HZ TRANSFORMER. NOT FOR ANYONE THAT DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THIS WARNING.

Parts include Dale wirewound resistor to limit peak current to rectifier,series connected 10,000 uF 100V RIFA caps, IXYS soft recovery diode, 2mH inductor, MIT polypropylene bypass cap, 60K
ohm voltage dividers, snubber with 0.01 uF Sidereal cap and Caddock MK132 resistor, and Cardas wire. Great sonics and picture quality improment on DVDs.

Attachments

• dcgizmo.jpg
    dcgizmo.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 380
very interesting idea harry, is there any possibilty for a fuller circuit diagram. Whats the power resistor for? to limit current a bit i guess. and whats the config. on those caps, it almost looks like they are center tapped.

How do you deal with safety, or don't you?

Do you leave the DVD switcher still stock design? or do you rip out the internal bridge diodes and link?

How do you deal with safety

By not giving out circuit details to anyone who does not know exactly how to build this circuit by looking at it. Oh, I guess you mean my safety...... fuse and place in cabinent when high voltages are not exposed. The switcher in DVD is stock. This is only a project for the very experienced and cautious as is any project with high voltage! I assume to liability for anyone building anything simular to it.

H.H.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.