Nad NAD C162+C172 diagram(schematics)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just bought the set and tested it. Sounds great but when doing a test with a frequency oscillator and injecting a square wave I got a shock. There is a bass roloff, not a lot but still. This means they use a capacitor in the audio line. I took the C162 apart and it is full of cheapy capacitors.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

So I would like to swap only the ones being in the audio stream.
Anyone?

I guess BGT assumes that there are electrolytes in the SP. I don't know these amps, but NAD use quite cheap 'lytes in the output stages of their CDPs as DC blockers.

BGT, NAD Germany has a contractor who sells the the schematics for reasonable money (yes, to private persons, too). Maybe a similar arrangement exists for Holland? I'd give them a ring or write them an email, they were quite responsive when I asked for schematics for my CD540.

Best regards,

Oliver

Oliver, I meant the electrolyte caps. I will try to contact NAD. I know from experience that electolytes wear(dry) out. I used a passive preamp before, which had no cap. at all. The mosfet power amp had only 1 10uF polycarbonate cap. But it lacked the real punch the NAD has in the bottom end and the power.
But what I found was that after 10 years the Amp. becomes dull sounding and replacing the caps. did the trick.
So I expect this to deteriorate also after so many years.
I use a external DAC for my digital devices like CD, PC, MD and they are connected through a Toslink autoselector system.
The DAC has no output capacitor. Elecrolyte capacitors in the audio chain is ok when they are new but not after so many years.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.