Novice in need of help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a NAD 2100 PE that has a few problems. Uopn inspection the parts that are visually damaged are a transistor marked 7f C3423 and also parts marked Q426 and R436. Like I said I am a complete novice, and really am just looking at trying to save an amp that is other wise ruined. Anyhelp on where to get these parts or advice on how stupid I am to even consider trying to fix this??

those last two will be tough without a schematic... they are reference designators, not component names or values, the first I can't say off the top of my head.

If this device didn't die from a short-circuit on the output, you may want to find out the "other" reason it went south before spending too much time on it.

note: high-res. pictures ususally help.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi skiermurph,
Okay, you have a 2SC3423 that is bad. Sounds like one channel of a stereo amp. So, you have another channel that is working and you can trace from there. DO NOT swap parts between the two channels. If you do you will have two dead channels in short order.
Look at the other channel and how the parts are hooked up. This should give you a clue. Now .... if someone has a schematic.
-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.