Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th July 2002, 02:28 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Tweeter amp

My stereo system is at last approaching completion. I haven't posted in awhile, but I have been getting things all figured out, and ordered, and working on stuff. Enough parts are on their way to all but finish it, except for a water pump. (does anyone know where I can get a small sealed pump for cooling my amp?) I'm going to use Leach amps and p3a based amps for bass and mid, and I'm building 4x DoZ amps just for now to try out my 1" Audax tweeters. However, I will then want something better, with higher frequency response, to use with the tweeters. Does anyone know of any small amps that will work wonders with the tweeters?
- "With power amplifiers, negative feedback is a good thing, and positive feedback can induce destructive oscillation, but with people, positive feedback is a good thing, and negative feedback can induce destructive oscillation"
Old 25th July 2002, 03:40 AM   #2
cowanrg is offline cowanrg  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to cowanrg
i found my pump at petsmart. they have GREAT pumps at cheap prices. if you get a magnetic drive, its quiet, and reliable. i got mine for like $40, but it moves a LOT of water. you can get smaller ones for like $30 or even $20. i know a few other places if that's not what you are looking for.
Old 25th July 2002, 05:38 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Sweet! Thank you, those pumps will work perfectly for my amp. I am running through two 6" x 8" automotive heater cores in series with a 4" square cooling fan behind each of them for radiators. I will be dissapating at most 250W of heat, probably considerably less, so this is probably overkill, which is not a bad thing if I want my transistors to last forever.
- "With power amplifiers, negative feedback is a good thing, and positive feedback can induce destructive oscillation, but with people, positive feedback is a good thing, and negative feedback can induce destructive oscillation"
Old 25th July 2002, 02:18 PM   #4
khush is offline khush  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

How about an Aksa, (www.printedelectronics.com) I use a 55w with tweaked components (elna silmics, shottkys) to drive tweeters, very nice quality easily better than the 800 cyrus amp I was using before.
regards
khush

Hide this!Advertise here!