I had some informs that this is a Harman Kardon schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is the first from 4 schematics founded.

Thank you Mjarve.

Carlos

Attachments

• harman 1.jpg
    harman 1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 892
Bah, HK is offering you all the old schematics to download for free anyway. So they're easy to find ;)

http://manuals.harman.com/hk/Service Manual/HK930 sm.pdf for example for the HK 930. Just change the number.

That whole serie of the HK-x30 receivers is very good, at least the amp section. The preamp section is really keeping the amp back.

My favorite is the little integrated A-401. 25 very nice watts. I'm using two of them in a passive biamp setup, preamp sections bypassed, input caps replaced by mkp and all electrolytics changed. The schematic is the same than the HK330C but the A401 uses 2SC1030C output transistors in TO-3 package rather than the 2sd476a in to220 package used in the H330c.

They look cute :

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

That's the way i like the forum... having freedom to publish schematics.

Those copyrigth laws are awfull... and also people sale equipment without schematic!...this is non sense for me....it is alike to buy a Black Box...inside can have a stone in the place of circuits!...hehehe...not so bad this way.

But a friend was making a Garage sale.... and hurricane asked a "very heavy" equipment to buy...of course, a powerfull unit..... Other friend, a guy we call Klingon, put a stone inside....when Hurricane arrived his home and discover the stone was really funny..... we runned to his home to see his reaction!... i cannot repeat the words he said to us!

Wonderfull that we can have schematics for free, and without troubles.

Thanh, related Mikeks...my God!...let Mikeks in peace...will be better, this way we gonna have peace too.

Carlos

Here's another h/k amp design you may want to look at:
(this one from a h/k 430 receiver)

Also, my site has downloads and information on many h/k receivers and amps, if you want to take a visit. Click the link in ny signature line at the bottom.

edit-
I guess the 430 and the A-401 amps are identical.

Attachments

• 25wpcamp.jpg
    25wpcamp.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 575
Hi !

The marantz-schematic looks promising, very similar to another of my
designs lying around on my pc, according to sims very fast.
(similar for frontend and vas) Just had not tested in real world...

The other HK-schematics are very standard, nothing special, the
typical topology for just some amp, i would say.
(Not designed to be exceptional, just functional)

Mike

The Marantz you talk about MikeB, in the reality is a Harman Kardon.

And it is very close to Marantz 2270 schematic.

This Marantz have enormous "punch" in the deep bass frequencies.....because of enormous transformers and good sized filtering, with good electrolitic condensers.

It reach easy 35 Volts RMS, the 2270 Marantz, and the most common is to make all speaker hit the excursion end.

My Sony speaker had it's coil out of the gap...if it had not a good suspension to hold it, i think the coil will be smashed and fixed into my room wall today.

Merry Christmas MikeB, from Goodluck

Carlos

The HK 330C, 430, A401 all used the same circuit board.

The third schematic with the CFP output stage looks like the 730. A403, I bought one for my father 30 years ago, still in use (hard to find something better that's not an arm and a leg).

The fourth schematic looks like an 870 (with only one pair of outputs), these had stability problems.

Want a simple design that makes the AKSA look complicated?

Download a McIntosh MC250 or MC2100 schematic. Change the output stage to an EF type.

The newer MC2120 uses the same front end with a CFP tripple, I own two of these.

Re: The Marantz you talk about MikeB, in the reality is a Harman Kardon.

destroyer X said:

This Marantz have enormous "punch" in the deep bass frequencies.....because of enormous transformers and good sized filtering, with good electrolitic condensers.

Merry Christmas MikeB, from Goodluck

Carlos

I think this punch comes mainly from the tripleout, but of course
big transformers and caps help with this.

Also merry christmas Carlos !

Mike

djk said:
The HK 330C, 430, A401 all used the same circuit board.

A403, I bought one for my father 30 years ago, still in use (hard to find something better that's not an arm and a leg).
A-403 ?? I cannot find anything about those. You mean the A402 or is this a non-documented model ? :confused:

I had a discussion with a hifi ship owner who repared an A401 for me. He had still a NOS A402 he wanted to sell me. However, according to him, the A401 was a more detailled and refined amp while the A402 had some more muscle. I need to find a cheap HK430 now, to see if the dual supply really improves things.

Anyhow, at the ridiculously low prices those things sell for, I've stopped my attempts to get a gainclone sounding better. :clown:

You're probably right about the A402 being the amp version of the 730, I only sold a couple of the A402 vs hundreds of the 730.

If I remember right the tuner that matched the A401 was the T403, I had one of these pair on my check-out bench for the longest time.

I've a 430 in storage since 1992, wonder if it still works?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.