MJE15035 equivalent

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
MJE15032 and MJE15033 are rated at 250V Vce and are much more industry-standard than the newer MJE15034 and MJE15035 rated at 350V Vce

Check also MJE15030 and MJE15031, altough these are rated at 150V Vce. Remember that the lower voltage devices usually show better specs, so there is no point in using over-rated devices

Anyway, I wouldn't use these devices for a Vas. These are not smal signal transistors, these are medium/high power devices rated at Ic up to 8A, with big die sizes and big capacitances [ie: they are fast only when placed in low impedance high current circuits like an output stage]

MJE340 and MJE350 are probably a better choice for Vas [but far from perfect]. There are lots of suitable devices [most of them Japanese 2SA/2SC]. I think this subject has been already discussed on the forum

MikeB said:
What's wrong about mje15035 ?

That's what I was wondering.

I've tested my samples from OnSemi, and I was very impressed. The gains on my Mje15034 and 35 complementary transistors were very close to each other in gain. (~185-195 hfe in my meter that uses a low current to test)

So they only have a rated current of 4A, but they are being used as just drivers, so I doubt they will see much more than maybe 1A of current anyway, so I don't think getting 8A MJE15032 is necessary. If a bunch of current was needed, you should parallel the drivers anyway IMO to reduce gain droop.

Either way, those Onsemi transistors are very good, they are fast, and they handle up to 50W in a little TO-220 package.

but?

Where's difficout in get component directly from On semi?
You have to order as a Sample they give you ten or more MJL 15035 and spending the same 15$ (little les than 12 €) for shipping you can order also the other devices that you need for yours experiments.
Form Rs components you can pay three or four times the pice for the same divece.

Hi,
I haven't yet try to buy components from On semi, because they have a minimum limit (maybe 25 ), when I'll finish the stock (I've ordered 10 kind of devices, 10 each), maybe I'll try to buy.
I work also with National Instruments devices and when I tryed to buy 50 pcs of one device for university's elecronic department they told me that's no possible to sell so small quantity of items, and to continue using sample.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.