Superbuffer instead of OPAMP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do you mean, that with silver wire you get better results ? Silver have only, as I know correctly, up to 6 % better conductivity against copper, but much more easy coroding, so after time you get worse " skin effect " . But ofcourse, it is " astral metal " and you can make with him bullets against vampires. ;) I mean, that E. Borbelly's connections are supergood and they don't need these " soundcrutchs " :cool: .

I know all about Silver but still I do not know why my Siler wire with WBT NextGen Silver connectors sound more detailed, more focused, more air and less blury than my high end "normal" coax copper wire.

About corosion: Audio Consult's silver wire is enamelled as I wrote, thus it wil not oxidise.

Sigurd

Ah,
science.
What is science?

Is psychology "science"
Is mathematics?
Physics?
Medicine?
Astrology?
Astronomy?
Audio?
Electronics?
Nutrition?

or are we just using models of true nature?
Models that simplifiy true nature so we can do math on it?

Science is so much and so little.
Even the best scientists call "science" - best guess.

Here's what I like as connectors. I am not saying that they are the best, it is just whaat I have found to sound so good compared to my other interconnects.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Sigurd

No,
of course the WBT NextGen Silver are NOT enamelled.
They are coated with 0.4u Platinum.

See spec sheet NextGenSilverSpecSheet

analog_sa,
I do not think that bare high purity silver oxidizes that quickly,
and if it does after some years, I wonder how it will affect the sound. Your post reflects this.

Here is the enemalled silver wire:
audio_consulting_silver_wire_large.jpeg

Sigurd

Peter,

the good thing about the silver wire from AC is that its insulation is enamell and that it is solid core and that its diameter is good.

Teflon is not my idea of a good audio insulation material. Solid core is what I find good,
and the diamter of 0.5mm makes it easy to work with and also versitile for many uses (interconnects, loudspeaker, internal wiring etc).

As the enamell is superthin, one can twist two wires and get a very close coupling between the wires without getting a short circuit.

Some people prefer to have cotton sleeve around each silver wire and then twist the two cotton-covered wires together.

The wire is also soft and very easy to twist.

For my interconnect, I just twisted 1m of 0.5 mm silver wire (took a while to do that) very tightly and then I put cotton sleeve around that pair of silver wires.
Hard part is to get the enamell off the wire, but I founf an easy way to do that - burn it off. Then scrape with tissue.
I then put several layers of shrink tube around the ends so the cotton would not unwrap.
No need to shield my wire.

The WBT NextGen are very simple to solder. I use WBT's silver solder for all my audio stuff.

I cannot say that the silver wire from AC is better sounding than this or that brand, but I really like the way the wire is made.

What I do can say is that the 0.5 mm silver wire from AC with the WBT NExt Gen Silver plugs sound much better than the other high end interconnect I have.

I can also add that I like the way the NexTGen is made and I also like the Eichmann plugs, too. They are built/designed using the same topology.

I highly recommend the silver wire from AC to anyone who wishes to test solid core enamelled pure silver wire.

Price is CHF12 / m + VAT.

I will order some more for my other intereconnect. Would be nice to make a speaker cable of the silver wire but as I would need about 4 wires in paralell and have 3m to my speaker the cost of that speaker wire is not within my budget.

Sigurd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.