Amp has no power...Please help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just finished making LM383 amp using a TDA2003 chip (Please check link below and click on "LM383 power amp design").

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&wrap=ricardo_practice_amp

I plugged in my guitar and connect it to a small speaker and hardly any sound came out (sounded like what you would hear coming out of someone elses walkman). I traced the circuit over 100 times and everything is correct and all components are the same as the schem except that I used a 2200uf cap instead of 2000uf.

I know that this isn't enough info to go on, but can someone please offer advice as to the possible reasons for this, assuming it is wired correctly? Beyond that I have no idea of what to look for.

Notes
1. I used my DMM to check the polarity of the electrolytic caps before soldering
2. Cap values: 470uf 16V, 10uf 50V, 2200uf 35V and 100nf

p.s. In case you haven't noticed, I'm a beginner.

Thanks
Jeff

c2&c3 have virtualy no effect on anything couse very low input currents
i would ommit c3 - try bypassing it (no dc feedback??) and maybe use a voltage devider on input (say, 100k to 12V and 100k to gnd.)
i guess you checked the pickup selector of you guitar
;)
cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.