No Miller cap, Double bootstrapping amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all.
I´m new in this forum and is my 1º post.
In 1988, i build my 3º amplifier (50W). The amplifier is class B, had differential input, no Miller cap, double bootstrapping and quasi-complementary design.
I want to build a newer amplifier, or no.
My questions
1º, What is your think about the attached schematic amplifier.
2º, I modify my amplifier, or build a new amplifier ( P3A.......)
I need your help.
Thanks
Guillermo Eirin

png file

Attachments

• nocapa.png
    nocapa.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,586
Hi all.
Thanks.

MikeB.
My amplifier is very old (1974?), quasi-complementary desing. The sound is good. I need to improve. Recenty, I look Aksa, P3 and other amplifiers, ( no constant current source) and i think, my amplifier is good?.
Ok. Yes, is quasi-complemtary. And i think in complementary. Also in class AB.
My amplifier had no miller cap, is good?
My amplifier had two bootstrap, is good?
What is your opinion?

Lumanauw
I am Industrial Designer, no electronic engineering. I believe that the amplifier is original Philips design.
My amplifier had: 50W, +/- 35V. T11 and T12 2N3055.
My idea is to change output transistors.

hi GEirin
first impressions are nice as I look on schematic
I don't think you need a miller cap; C6/R1/R4 circuit seems nice way to keep the amp stable, also R2/C2 is useful, so you can have no oscilations at all
But i would skip R9/C9 - unneeded phase distortion is never good.
About the second bootstraping cap- I don't see a point in using it as voltage-amplifying transistor is opened and can give much current. The compensating cap is useful, when this transistor is nearly 'closed' (sorry for my english). But maybe this makes the situation better.

As your main question was about copying this or not:
my answer is: yes, after some changes you will have much fun, good sound and SATISFACTION of having self-designed amp.

What I would change:
skip R9/C9 as mentioned before
use non polar 1u good quality C1
use complementary output with some modern bjts
mirror T1,T2,T3- two complementary dirrirential stages with double bootstrap....may be interesting, don't you think?

regards
cheers

Hi Darkfenriz.

Thank you for the explanation. What is your opinion the C5?

Thank you for the recommendations. But think to improve the transistors, and to change quasi-complemtary for complementary design.
Now, I think other new amplifier. A symmetrical amplifier with double bootstrap? humm.....

Guillermo Eirín

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.