1400 watt power acoustik

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi i have little experence with electroinic trouble shooting but i have an amp that the lights turn on both channels work but the sound wont go through the amp for some reason i resoldered the rca jacks to the board because the previous owner pushed them in breaking the solder so i fixed that and it still wont work all the ligts turn on bet no sound. i though it was the rca wires so i tried a diffrent amp and it worked so its the amp. any help is apreciated thanx

ps i cant find the schmatics for it either

more details please!!

do you know the type of amp (brand, etc..)?
maybe your amp doesn't work anymore? (blown transistors or something)
please tell use more about which parts still work and which don't.
Maybe you should have a look at the speaker connections....

HB.

Thanks..but

I am 100% DIY. I build home AND car amps...but not everyone (even the pros) knows how to repair audio equipment - especially car amplifiers.

No audio could be the result of many things. Usually, when the RCA inputs of a car audio amplifier are "pushed in" the shield conection is broken and the amplifier goes into oscillation. This usually damages output transistors and/or PS Fets - or even OpAmps. There are many amplifier in which the power lamps illuminate (or neon tubes in this case), but the amplifier is merely receiving a trigger signal and the rails aren't even coming up.

If the poster came into the forum with "I measured the B-E and C-E of each output and came up empty-handed. I'm also getting 45V rails - anything else I should check? ", I would assume he has access to test equipment and has some idea of what to look for in amp repair. I have helped others on this forum do the same... Everyone has a soldering iron - I figured I'd lend him a hand with getting it running with minimal time loss and investment.

Keld, have a peek at the Parts Express forum sometime. Ask about my willingness to help the DIY'er and I'm sure you'll get some opinions. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.