ERC Protel99 problem, please help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
:headbash:

Did anybody had such a problem during designing schematics:
After completing of the schematic I check it using ERC. And every time I have an error” „floating inputs...”. :confused:

Every time then I remove the errors, place wires properly and… the error becomes again.:cannotbe:

I have checked electrical grid, snaping, everything!!! But did not find what was wrong??:bigeyes:

One strange thing: the same parts once have the errors, other time do not!:att'n:

Really do not know what to do?:headbash::headbash:

Could you advice something?

In Protel's schematic library, each pin of each component can be defined as an input, an output, et cetera. These definitions set up the rules for the ERC (electrical rules check).

If a pin defined as an input in the schematic library is not connected in the schematic diagram, the default ERC settings will give an error message.

One other thing to watch for is that when you create a component in the schematic library (as opposed to using the ones that come with the program), it is possible to have the pin turned around 180 degrees and not realize it. Then when you draw a connecting wire in the schematic diagram, you are actually connecting to the wrong end of the pin.

Good luck,
Charles Hansen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.