trouble shooting my DD receiver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am pretty much newbie in electronics. Yesterday, I rearranged my furniture and HT setup, which involved unplugging cables, moving my receiver, and replugging cables).

After all the hardwork(the receiver is Nakamichi 1a1z and heavy), when I first powered it on, it sounded continous relay clicking sound, so I turned the unit off. I turned it back on. The unit powered on ok.

However, the left main channel thumps when I turn the volume from 0 to 1, or 1 to 0 (The volume goes from 0 to 100). It also thumps when I switch the input. Even worse thing is when volume is significantly raised, some static noise is heard on the same left channel.

It still plays both 2ch 5.1ch normally, as far as I can tell. However when the volume is raised a little higher than what I usually listen at, now I hear some random static nosie. Also the power on thump is still there. All these never occured before.

Any advice ? Unfortunately, the unit is pretty old, and I cannot find any service manual. But I love this unit, and do not want to replace it.

Ken

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.