need darlington amplifier schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a bunch of mn2488, and mp1620 transistors, working pulls from a sony that had a bad 5.1 decoder board.

I found out they are darlington transistors, and i was wondering if there was a schematic that is reletivly simple to build using darlington outputs?

i have 5 pairs of these, or 10 transistors in total.

Can a parallel them?

i need some ideas! Thanks!

Any amplifier that has an EF topology output stage would be suitable. Your darlington transistors simply become the driver and output transistor in one package.

For example, with reference to http://www.ampslab.com/c70.htm, your darlington transistors would replace Q7/Q9 (ignore Q11), and Q8/Q10 (ignore Q12)

The transistors you mention are custom 2SB1620 and 2SD2488, made originally for Sony by Sanken. I haven't had any luck tracking down any data sheets, unfortunately. Someone else here might know better. Most japanese semiconductor manufacturers are a pain once they've discontinued a product, they like to pretend it never existed.

i come across a free service manual floating around the web for a sony, that has the exact same transistors.

after looking at the schematic, they done things very very cheap.

first, they used a driver IC from NEC, and then two vas transistors, and then the two outputs. cheap cheap cheap.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.