Amplifier do not need to have 0.001% distortion, speaker cannot reproduce quality - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd November 2004, 08:17 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

Default Other image.

They are four in total
Attached Images
File Type: jpg idea 2.jpg (41.8 KB, 228 views)
Old 22nd November 2004, 08:19 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Default Image three

Here is:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg idea 3.jpg (40.0 KB, 222 views)
Old 22nd November 2004, 08:20 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Default Last image.

The tube must interconnect both speaker, they will work as one.

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg idea 4.jpg (31.9 KB, 218 views)
Old 22nd November 2004, 09:37 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

Default altman

Dear Carlos!

Remember my e-mail in which I wrote that personaly I do not believe in THD? Rather in its spectrum, especially high order dist? You said that the world is curious thanks to the men like me...
So here you have the example!

This problem reminds me the Altman's concept of global NFB connecting, don't you think?

Anyway, be happy!
Old 22nd November 2004, 10:35 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Default Padamiecki, i remember very well, strange, in our first meeting i did not like you!

But fast that impression disappeared and was transformed to deep respect.

I have you as some of the forum references.

I have things to learn with you, and i am following with attention your threads , oppinions and intervenctions.

Unfortunatelly i will misunderstood you more times...as i have not enougth know how to follow your ideas entirelly...but maybe someday i will have the condition to follow you.

I had another idea about speaker, that second idea was not tested...and i will not, as i have some fear of hi voltage.

But i am trying to be fair, as i start burning the speakers image, i think it is good to offer some alternatives too.

The Spark Gap Audio Generator, may be already discovered, as it is simple.... do not need to be clever to think that "thing"

But have enougth room to be developed, and i suppose not registered as a Patent....so, everyone can "buy this cause", and start to research.

Here, not beeing loudspeaker forum, i will put only some image, and the adress of the Loudspeaker forum, where i wrote a more detailed idea.

This was not teste, not assembled, but i think deeply that it will work.

The Loudspeaker forum adress:

Speaker do not works!!!, i came from Solid State to call you to help mankind!

Regards,

Carlos
Old 22nd November 2004, 10:37 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Default This idea, is a little bit better explained in the Loudspeaker forum

The link already written in the last post.

Here is only the image, as comments are in Loudspeaker.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spark speaker.jpg (69.0 KB, 201 views)
Old 22nd November 2004, 10:46 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Default I think that some error correction can be made using....

A two coil speaker...one in the amplifier output, and the second coil sending informs to some error correction amplifier.

Can be something alike the Anti-vírus game!.... some of them generate, (create) the víruses to erase them some time after to appear as heroes to you.

If you jumped to another anti-virus, you will find no one, or it will create their own game víruses...hehe...tragic...but some of them do that...i could check this many times...of course viruses exists...but many are created, and them, they go to erase if you buy the complete updated entire program.

Also, we are making this crazy game....recognizing that some stages creates errors.... and them, we run to correct them...of course better not create errors, erasing those faulty circuits and creating another one, or returning to past to see if those errors are founded there or not.....but, if cannot avoid errors, using second coil error information...with a terrific great circuit, i believe all problems will be corrected.

And i do not think this is too much crazy, as we have some amplifiers with millions of transistors only to flash some bargraph, only to control switches, or to create multiple equalizing, echos, reverberations, and special effects....so...why not to make enormous error correction circuits...as old video tape recorders used to do.

But using "real distorted signal results", as one captured over another second coil....not only using amplifier output feedback, despite beeing over the main coil, there are interactions that can be avoided using the second coil.

regards,

Carlos
Old 22nd November 2004, 12:16 PM   #28
gmarsh is offline gmarsh  Canada
diyAudio Member

This is a neat idea...

My day job involves writing DSP/FPGA code and designing hardware for adaptively precorrecting radio broadcast transmitters. I could probably use a lot of the same algorithms on a speaker.

Essentially what you would do is measure what's coming in from your audio source, and measure what the speaker's doing. Compare the two, adaptively create a "curve" and a memory model, and a pre-correct the speaker with a nonlinear signal which cancels the speaker's nonlinearities and makes everything close to perfect.

The only problems I see are determining the position of the speaker - the "two coil" approach is probably the best one, but I'd be concerned about crosstalk between the main coil and sense coil, and the extra weight on the speaker Accelerometers are too slow, and you'd have to double-integrate them. You could do optical feedback or something...

And you'd have to do a lot of pre-modeling and pre-characterizing of the signal. A speaker's position is the double-integral of the incoming signal - after all, the incoming signal creates force in the coil, which integrates to velocity, which integrates to position... but this isn't completely true, because new forces become introduced by the speaker's suspension.

This is getting hellishly complicated... **** it. lets just design a better speaker motor with direct position feedback.
Old 22nd November 2004, 01:17 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Default Yes Halifax, the same way Radio Amateurs created the Celular telephone

We, diyers, have a lot of chances to create new things, as new amplifiers designs are appearing here sometimes.

Many of them are copies, others are not completed creations, others had hidden important informations.

That comparison circuit you are telling, i imagine that can be adapted, and there are people working in error correction too, and they are very good people.... someone sent me a "secret Fax message", and i cannot say, but almost 4 big brains are deep into that subject.

One of them is almost finishing.

I Publish some strange speaker in loudspeaker forum, some evolution of the normal drivers working counter phased.

regards,

Carlos
Old 25th November 2004, 11:54 PM   #30
thanh is offline thanh  Viet Nam
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to thanh
If you have got:
-CDs have no distortion
-pre-amp also havent got any distortion
->you won't need any dreamed-amp

Hide this!Advertise here!