Münster, a diy copy with modifications of an old Sony, have some suggestions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry guys, Wurst means Sausage, the one

You put inside some bread to make a Hot Dog.

Here hot dog different, we use bull meat with tomato and hot pepper and a sausage too.

Down in Rio de Janeiro, the Hot Dog is made with onions an tomatoes with sausage inside a french bread.

Some places here made some confusion....Maionaisse,Corn, Parmozzoni Cheese, and many green things too...also Mustard and Ketchup...black mustard my people do not like.

regards,

No problem.... we will go to White sausage, the one is made with some different meat...maybe a bird meat.

regards,

Carlos

Well MikeB, people are not interested in the Münster, so...

As you are here, and ready to talk, i will change a little our subject for a while, will ask you many questions.

I thank you, in advance, for your efforts to inform us those details, following your point of view.

Subjective things interest me too, not only Maths and rules, in the true, i prefer human perception.

Will talk about your amplifier.

Here your schematic:

Attachments

• mikeb gütersloh.jpg
    mikeb gütersloh.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 81
The reasons to open those questions to all is...

MikeB is a good teacher, and he informs clearly everything we ask him.

Other guys have the same doubts i have, this is the chance to many people to learn those things.

The Münster is alive, and was referenced in a Good Amplifier Brand from the sixties....it is an adaptation (many people does that...maybe the biggest part of them) of the old Sony 3200F amplifier made in the Seventies, more preciselly 1970 and 1971.

If i made it better or worst, i really do not know....if you want to inform me that...you be welcome.

I think "pride" is the Idiot people property....i have not that thing, can came and say clear, as i will learn more and more and also i will be running out from the deep and dark smelling ignorance.

regards guys

Carlos

Hi Carlos !

Phew, many questions !

The amp is not commercial, it's just hobby-diy...

Ok, the outputcoil, there's no specific reason not having the resistor in paralell,
i just had no adequate resistor, so i skipped it. (And forgot to buy one)
It seemed to work well without.

Why2: This condenser supresses crossconduction, and is a wima-mks (metallized propylene)
With 470nF crossconductions are completely gone, but not sure if necessary.
It's mainly for safetyreason, but also changes sound a little.

Why3: I simply forgot it... (damn) For the 100uF i didn't forget.

Why4: Yes, these transistors need to be matched, or you have hell of DC-offset, because
i have no dc-blockingcap. But is not too hard to match. The resistors are absolutely
necessary for thermal stability, without them the bias in vas changes %100, making the
circuit useless.
The transistors out of the bag are already below 10% tolerance, so matching them for 1%
is not hard.

Why5: In sims higher values reduced "quality", i use it primilary for stabilizing, reducing
noise and compensating for long wires to the transistor mounted on the heatsink.
Too high values would need an elecrolytic, which would be a bad choice here.

Why6: In sims this configuration showed less distortions, mainly because of the pure
classA. This seems also more stable, having no local feedback.
This pure classa results in more symetrical basecurrents, if hfe's of these transistors
are matched, you have virtually no load to the previous stage.
A good compromise would be to use floating resistor only for predriver, and your suggested
scheme for driver.

Okay, the power...
First, my prototype runs with even less, it has only +/- 21v !
But this still gives ~40watts into my 4ohms.
I only once have driven my prototype into clipping, and this was at very high volumes, and only
mono listening. But i have 4ohm boxes, so with 8ohm and orchestramusic it could be to weak.
But don't forget, for doubling the volume you need ten times the power !
Increasing the power above 24voltsupply results in replacing my beloved bc546/556, a transistor
i really like ! It's very fast and has high beta (hfe=300,ft=300mhz)
But, if you replace cascode-transistors in vas and predriver, you can easily increase outputpower.
The problem is, as other transistors are slower, the feedbackcompensation needs to be readjusted.
My experience with tripledarlington is, that it sounds more powerful than amp with same power,
but not having tripledarlington. But i have plans to increase supplyvoltage to at least +/-36v,
but first i have to buy other transistors.

About the bright sound, the first version had some bright sound, but after adjusting feedback
this has gone. It does not sound smooth/soft, but i have the feeling that it reproduces trebles
exact, or is it my taste ?

Of course, this amp is still v1.0, trying some modification is a must !

Mike

I understood and i agreed 100 percent related all you said

And i thank you hundred percent gratitude too.

I also think BC556/546 are wonderfull transistors, i also use them always when some more voltage tollerance is needed.

I use to BC547/557 to other applications.

I love BD139/140 also, frequency response is very good, i use them sometimes as a Radio Frequency driver to 30 Megahertz transmitters.

Also your power will be enougth, using 4 ohms.

All you said is very good, easy to understand, and nothing left to ask...i am satisfied.

I am painting my house, as a painter, our tradition when Christmas is becoming near, we do that all year...and this time all home painting.

I will try your amplifier the way it is.... will change nothing.

Also will be waiting for 35 volts version, as i already have a good supply used in my AKSA amplifiers, i can capture the voltage from there to hear your unit.

Du bist ein gutten freund, You are a good friend.

Danke shöen, fillen danken...thank you very much

regards,

Carlos

HELLO GUYS!....MÜNSTER OPENNED AGAIN...THANK YOU ALL.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.