Unnamed feedback method explored.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, MrEvil,

I just finished making your feedback idea. It does the job well, but I'm not sure wheter it is making a nice sounding amp.

From my observation, the sound becomes very clean, but the "room effect" disappears. Like classic guitar sounds like it has no resonance room in the wooden guitar cabinet. Too sterile, emotions disappears.

I think this is why amps with 0.00001 THD does not becomes a target for audiophile designers. Some harmonics is needed for "listen-to" audio amps (not measure-to)

Mr Evil said:
Indeed. Maybe if someone were to work out exactly what it is that was removed, then a circuit could be designed to deliberately add it back in, but to an adjustable degree. Then maybe any amp could be improved.

Circuits that put extra harmonics into an amplifier already have been designed.
If the lack in sound is caused by your (maybe) harmonic differential amplifier it reads like a feedback feedback amplifier.

Using an offset opamp to feedback dc tosses out the dc part on the output.
Suppose your differential signal feeds back higher harmonics to the negative input of X1?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.