A newbie who needs help to find a good amplifier for a Shiva!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm considering to do a DIY amplifier or buy one already done. I want your help to decide on a way to go.

I want to do a good amplifier for a Shiva, it will be a EBS design with 143 liters box.

I want it to cost less than 200$ USD and have as much power as 200$ USD can give.

Is there good designs out there that I should consider?

By the way, I found on the acoustics-visions website interesting and cheap subwoofer plate amplifiers.

http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~acoustic/products/subwoofer_amplifiers/by_power.shtml

I'm considering "Parts Express #300-794 250 Watt Subwoofer Amplifier" or "Rythmik Audio 250 - 250 Watt Subwoofer Amplifier".

I would like to know if I will hear alot of distortions or humming noise from these amplifiers since they are Class AB.

I would also like to know if the rumble filter built into these amplifiers will hinder Shiva performance since I want it to go lowest as possible.

My project is to beat a brand new SVS PB10-ISD.

Thank you very much!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.