Mirand A1 CFA-Amp (Pictures) welcome comments !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
My recent DIY project -a CFA-amp- based at SonnyA s design Mirand A1 .
There have been some discusions regarding CFA vs. VFA amps here at diyaudio.. and I just want to say, welcome and listen !
It sounds better than it looks, really !
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

For those who are further intrested I have built a tread at
Mirand A1
It describes the construction process from ideas, cadmodels, design-ideas, pictures and finally some objective comments regarding the sonics.
Language are in Swedish though..

Please! I welcome all comments (positive or negative)
Regards

/PIX :D
SWEDEN

pixworld said:
I can only see the first of the three pictures :mad:
Even thoug the links are right
Is this a limitation by the Diyaudio (to spare bandwidth)
I´ts possible to rightklick, copy the link and open i a new window thougt.
/Pix :D

The "Internet" is a picky beast and particulary so with lower/UPPER case so if you change you links to use .jpg instead if .JOG it will work.

pixworld said:
I can only see the first of the three pictures :mad:
Even thoug the links are right
Is this a limitation by the Diyaudio (to spare bandwidth)
I´ts possible to rightklick, copy the link and open i a new window thougt.
It had been good for those poor people (I) which haven't got highspeed connection if you had stopped at 100k a piece.

Otherwise a real high class work, you too Sonny since you hve soldered the pcb's. :up: :nod: :drink:

pix can't you try to describe the impressions in english? I think many here are very interested in what you write in swedish.

I have only one ( not critical, but helping ) notice : How I see, this aluminium case is " fresh " without painting. If you will use in future the same case, " wash " it before completation in hot solution of NaOH. You will get much more nicer surface, which will be white / silver ;) .

Hi
I have only one ( not critical, but helping ) notice : How I see, this aluminium case is " fresh " without painting. If you will use in future the same case, " wash " it before completation in hot solution of NaOH. You will get much more nicer surface, which will be white / silver
Yes I am aware of the oxidation problem with alu.
I tryed my different ways to get that "brushed" surface and what I finally used was oil and a linear gridding mashine (quite messy but it worked). The oil seems to have got into the alu because it don´t get fingerprintstains anymore .
Its now six mounth ago I made the front and I have not seen any oxidation yet.
Perhaps It comes by time, but each side of the box is easyllt detached so there is no problem to take them for gridding al over again. I take that NaHO in consideration, thanks !

It had been good for those poor people (I) which haven't got highspeed connection if you had stopped at 100k a piece.
I am using slow connection to P-A but this pictures where upploaded at work so I did´nt realize their size :eek:
I will do smaller pictures soon.

Otherwise a real high class work, you too Sonny since you hve soldered the pcb's.
Regarding the PCB´s I ordered these ready solderd from SonnyA (Mirand.dk , Thanks Sonny for a really nice work :D
There are available as kits and eaven as PCB´s only (4 layer boards)

pix can't you try to describe the impressions in english? I think many here are very interested in what you write in swedish.
Regarding the sonics.
It sounds good !!
I am aware yhat there is difficult to be objective in a case like this.
Perhapps I imagine that the Mirand sounds better than it really does because of the work I have put into it.
I also need some type of A-B comparison to evaluate it to something else..

But !
I am totally convinced that it one of the best (sonically).
There are bad amps, average amps and there are good amps.
Due to that little edge of that last cathegory there are much up to ones taste what coloration ones like.
The Mirand suites my taste, and it definitelly belongs to that last cathegory . :D
It has a really "rock bottom" and yet a soft top.
Regarding the CFA vs. VFA discusion, I really sugest everyone to have a listening test to this amp. before arguing.
Regards

Missing values and parts designation...

I would appreciate if someone (SonnyA, peranders, pixworld, etc.) fill up the missing values and parts designation for sensing circuit namely Q34, Q35, D7-D10 and R44-R51. I just want to try a CFB headphone amplifier QRV-6 from peranders, but like to implement a sensing circuit as well. Thx

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.