What amp to build?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have transformer at 2x26 ac 200w and i need amp to my 4ohm subwoofer. I would prefer a simple design (complicated circuits will also be suitable). Any schematics with cheap parts would be nice (like BD249, TIP35, etc).

I searched here and there quite a bit but didn't find just right amp for 4 ohm speaker, what is by the way in reflex box.

First post so excuse my n00bness.:D

Yep, indeed nice and simple chip, but wery wery hard to get and probably costly, at least here in finland.

But i was thinking of discrete components, not chipamps. Because in that voltages per rail it would be problem to 4ohms in most chipamps (too much dissipation). I have OPA541 and OPA549 chips, but they don't like +-37v. OPA541 is AP model which is +-35v.

Don't mind if it is complicated circuit, designing PCB is not problem, i'm just laisy, that's why simple in nice.

Have anybody tested this circuit, what is purpose of the diodes (protection?)?

Attachments

• simple.png
    simple.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 339
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.