Current-Sharing on the DOZ Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finishing up a headphone DOZ, and wanting to perhaps build a full-blown DOZ for driving speakers. However, I'd like to implement current-sharing, and parallel output devices.

With an amp like this, where should the resistors in the output stage be located? I had planned on using .15 ohm or .25 ohm resistors in the collectors like so:

(only one pair of outputs show, 'cause I'm too lazy to rebuild the whole thing in Visio at the moment, but you get the idea)

Attachments

• share_collector.jpg
    share_collector.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 298
I used 8 output transistors per channel in an amp I built... i used the 2sc5200's from digikey...and i also used those transistors for the driver transistors b/c of the increased demand on the drivers. Turned out quite well. My final PS was 800va toroidal 40-0-40 that i used to get a 53-0 DC supply. Bias was set at 3 amps per channel. 300 watts of heat hehe :)

-Matthew K. Olson

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.