SOME Bady want to build a AMP??? -> Finall !!! STK4050V

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
SOOO::
Easy & Simple Circuit Of Very High POWER:
- MONO AMP to STEREO MAKE TWO

Attachments

• stk4050v.jpg
    stk4050v.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 703
Do you make the test for 300w/4ohm long term runing ?
I have 8 pieces STK4050V and if it is so good I think it worth to make a multi-channel amp .
I will make the power supply for +/- 58V for 200w/4ohm with 0.1% THD ( I hope ) and I presume more safe .
If you have more details about your project, please, post more details.

Best regards!

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
hii all !!

details of my amp thet i build:

I us in 75V DC Power / in 20A

in the amplifier I us in two stk's (4050V)

I us in the AMP fo my DJ in the amp i put two fan's to cold the amp

i dont us in a PRE - AMP

in my DJ MIXER have a pre amp...

the sound is very very good!!!!

i us in the amp 4-5 hours in play full volume and the amp is still cold!!! - (i us in 2 fans) *** and i us in 4 spk' - SUBWOOFER 900W R.M.S 4 Ohm per out (in the amp there is 2 out's)

to finall.... very good AMP

/TaMIr Dj

This chip is very similar to the STK4048XI (see previous thread,
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3500 ). The same caveats to avoid instability as detailed in this thread should be followed with this chip too.

One main difference between the STK4048XI and the STK4050V is that the former is fully complementary while the latter is quasi-complementary and of a slightly older design (input stage and driver changes). The spec sheets show about 10x more distortion for quasi-complementary STK chips (although still quite low) than for the 'XI' versions. I believe the sonics for a full range amp are better with those STK chips ending in 'XI'; for subwoofer amplifiers, it probably doesn't matter too much which of the two you use.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.