This amplifier is distorting high frequency, some audio compression too. Know why?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi carlos !

No, i haven't posted this one yet, but i do now...

It's a "simple" straight complementary design, using my standard
tripledarlingtonout, simple bjt-diffamp and cascoded vas. You can
replace the 3 diodes by a green led (matched upper/lower).
I think it sounds very nice, it has a warm but detailed sound,
thd at 20khz is ~0.003%. Openloopbw is about -3db@33khz,
openloopgain 1:5000.

Mike

Attachments

• cascvas1.gif
    cascvas1.gif
    14.3 KB · Views: 702
MikeB, i feel happy to see so interesting design, and i already could feel the sound.

Will show brigth treble, undistorted and will appear surprising the one will be hearing... some small noise from speaker in close distance (bull S---) as this do not mind.

I could understand, and i like this schematic, i love the simetric stages, but i am a little afraid of the connection i called (floating) when emitter are not referenced to the output....i could see that the deep bass is "erased" by this use...but, the other side is clarity of treble, the detail and you are using some "focusing" capacitor that is very good.

Also could not see the "triangulator" Miller cap....you are using a feedback to avoid oscilations...tuned to hi frequency....this erases hi harmonics too.

Please Mike, i am very happy to receive this schematic, as all forum friends may be too, but i will be happy to hear if you perceived some lack of deep bass?

About the piano.....i suppose it is heard as we entered inside the piano....very real isnt' it?

More than 4K amplifiers made, can give me some idea...and i use to be rigth in 30 percent of the things i expect.

Was a good surprise the Graham circuit....i was thinking no good.... till i assemble and could feel the sound.... zier gut, very good.

But Graham writes too complicated to me to understand... the damned is some kind of gênius...hard to follow him.

Mike, i will be happy to see a picture of your assemble. and this is for safe reasons that i will let you know as soon as you sent me the picture, and the bass question i made.

I thank you very much, and i must confess that your amplifier will be constructed earlier.

Will not publish results...except if you beat AKSA, Graham JLH or the JLH designs.

Your power is a problem to comparison using my friends... when reducing power to compare they say that it is not fair, as your amplifier will be out of the class A region, when others will be running class A...... part of the time of course.... dinamics turns all to AB...but the detail, the pianissimo level will be compared.

Well, i will put more crazy schematics, of bad amplifiers, as when i do that, always someone sent me some schematic.... but not with your courage, they send in secret...hehe.

I could detect one guy lazy....made me nervous with him....i told nothing to him....just finished conversations.

He found one schematic, and had interest to have informs of it without the work of assemble...this way sent it to me, to make my person one "assembler"..... when i asked the picture...hehe, not picture.

Not fair, every crazy schematic, to check if will work or not, tell me that works and send me as a tested unit.... and "using" my time and my "assembler" person.

Have some components burned here, i will scan other day.... burned when trying some crazy schematics....bad designs...and also my own mistakes that had destroyed a lot of parts....now a days i do not colect burned parts anymore.... i send them to hell!...using a gun shot.

Here, is forbiden....can not use fire weapons....only the bandits...new stupid law, inverted related our needs. Government asked and paid between 40 and 120 dollares for your weapon... to avoid violence....but now, only the bandits have guns.... and the other bandits we have, the police, have guns too!!!...if some neighboor tell police...i will lost my gun and will be arrested for 3 years.....hehe..... 30 minutes till they discover i am one of the President, second degree cousin....ahahahaha

regards,

Carlos

Re: My dear very very old friend thanh..hehehe..hohohoh...who is that lady

destroyer X said:
My special friend Thanh.....my dear...hehe....my old fellow...ahahaha....

Who is that lady?

My God!

Incredible!

Magnificent!

Astounding!

Who needs an amplifier if can look that beauty everyday.....thanh!!!....WHAT A LUCKY GUY YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!

Remenber poor devil charlie......little charlie....lonely...... has she one sister.

If you daughter or wife....hehe...I AM OUT...MOVED FROM THE ADRESS.....GOING TO MARS!!!

Carlos

carlos!cảm õn nhe! She is Chaerim .I love her forever
http://www.koreanwiz.org/at/actors2.html She have just married
:bawling: :bawling: I cried like rains:bawling:
à!carlos ! I'm sorry .I like the sound of JVC television not sony

Hi upupa !

PCB ? Oops, i only have prototype on testboard...
The sonics are really not bad, but i can't determine real quality,
i am biased... Stabilizing the amp with these "zero poles" was fun,
it was incredible how big audible difference was compared to normal
stabilizing. Even more fascinating, with this amp you can easily show
how important linear openloopbandwidth is. By removing the 100k's
in vas you get linear decreasing ol-bandwidth starting at 100hz.
Directly comparing the sound shows that without these 100ks, the
sound get's slightly too bright (Not annoying, but audible).

Hi carlos !

The pic of my other prototype was taken with borrowed digicam, so
will take some time to prove that i do not misuse you for testing my
circuit, beeing too lazy to try it myself.
I wanted to misuse you for checking if i am too biased, or if the amp
is really good !

I intentionally avoided millercaps, i use RC's for compensating. This
gives very "smooth" AC-sweep, having no "spikes" at all.
I am not sure what you mean with "emitter not referenced to output",
it's a emitterfollower ?
I can assure you, the amp has painful deep tight bass !
It has a very clear sound, but is not bright at all.

Ah i forgot, the 1090ohm in the biasing is in my prototype a 500ohm
plus 1k-trimpot. I adjusted Iq to ~100ma.

Mike

All right boys, i thank you very much, but have to say that my people all feelings

This way, my dear Amp Man, i like you Indian people, warm people...like you.... also Palesha Mahendra too.

But i feel betraying the old BJTs...have some Psychological disturbance...some barrier....the day i will ask for FET, i will look around to see if some friends are there..... will talk very low voice..... have a F E T..... very low voice...no one can hear that... i am famous on BJT, and always telling friends a good place to put their fets...can you imagine where?.... try to imagine ahahahahha...hehe....

When returning home..... with some FET list in my hand....no one can look at me..... if they do..... i will imagine they will think..."there's the betrayer".....hehe

But i will do...someday dear amp....i am afraid will be 31 of february.....hummmm, resistance is terrible thing..... and people made my mind....Rodd Elliot wrote terrible things about FET.....and made measurements too..... FET seems to me something alike "Drácula"....King Kong....some strange animal that can byte poor charlie.

Upupa....hehe..... you ligthing the diy fire....thank you to push the things in direction one more to do and have ideas to change...this is very good....very, very, very good!

hohoho Than.... we could be gentle and divide her Than... she is an actress, not your family i suppose..... i also turn myself in love to her...i am crying oceans of tears for her. I have no problem to share the pretty girl, but please Than...do not use strong perfums..... she will be too much perfumed.....hummm...big charlie do not like perfum.

MikeB....nice amplifier, nice picture....awfull low frequency roll off....hummmmm, my finger is already in the shotgun trigger....das is nichst ein shonen madchen...this is not a pretty woman....das is ein panzerfausten....this is a Panzer Tank 75 mm cannon.

I will do.....but will delay.

Also will be busy next days..... will receive more three girls home..... terrible life.... my house full of girls using bikinis.... hehe...going, returning....my daugthers are pretty..... their friends, pretty scholl girls like to call big charlie to put oil against sun ....hehe...protection to skin man....they say always my hand is good to use the protective cream.... the girls do not understand why i delay so much to make this job.... hehe...perfeccionist i am?.... terrible life...hehe... i am sorry guys!

regards,

Carlos

MikeB, i am a very lucky guy related those things..the secret is let them notice

That you do not mind. That you have no interest.

This trick never failed...because the girls pride.

But do not envy too much....i am turning old...54 years passing oil to avoid Sun burns..... how tired i am Guiltylock......time to rest is very near big Charlie....see my thread, that one a joke of couse...but the bikinis already here.....9 girls,.... all teenager...wife is travelling.....i fell so lonely.

See the thread i wrote Good Bye, and do that fast.... the moderators..will have a copy for them.... they will print to glue into their walls and them...will send me to "off Topics"...or "non sense" things.

Do you think this is a "non sense" Gut law?

regards

Carlos

Hi thanh !

I think you need both RC's, one in the diffamp, and one in the vas.
The values need to be adjusted looking to AC-sweep. I think, the
bigger vas current, the bigger caps you need, but i'm not sure.
I make adjustements with ACsweep set to 0.1hz to 10ghz, stepping
with octaves. Then display it logarithmic. If adjustment is not proper,
you will see spikes in the curves.

I use 3 voltages:
1, output, but before coil
2, +input of diffamp
3, -input of diffamp

The place where the spikes are, is the polefreq. At this point output
should be below +input of diffamp. This ensures that amp is below
unitygain at polefreq. I can show you later shots from acsweep.
If -input get's above +input, it's very likely the amp oscillates.
This method is not very scientific, but seems to work.

Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.