This amplifier is distorting high frequency, some audio compression too. Know why? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th October 2004, 10:14 AM   #11
MikeB is offline MikeB  Germany
diyAudio Member

Not only JVC making this mistake, sony also does... It ensures
amp is not living too long !
Old 25th October 2004, 12:26 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Default Oh!...i feel bad with that.... mankind defective actions.... what a shame!

I already could perceive many times that trick.

Dirty trick i think, despite the need of sales and replacement...to keep the machine "lubricated"

I am finding many amplifiers with that "compression" characteristic..... can you give me some idea MIKEB, as i could see you skilled.

Sometimes i think related to small current over differential amplifier.... sometimes i put my suspections over the Voltage Amplifier transistor..... and sometimes i think the guilty is the stopper resistor.

I am making tests, but could not discover the "guilty"....why this compression in mid and highs..... instruments levelled?..... can this be a result of the recording room audio limiters?.... do you think this compression can be inside the recording CD?

Last question, not only to you, to all guys that came here and read...everyone has good experience and can cooperate a lot, as no one knows everything...this way, guys.... talk things that can be foolish...maybe to you....but for me can make sense, as you can open my mind to other "point of view"...hello!!!...all guys!!!....talk please.

So the open forum question, now directed to you, and waiting to "fish" more cooperative guys too:

Do you feel compression in many amplifiers...could you perceive every instrument leveled....had you heard sometimes some Broadcasting speaker using compressor..... all sylabes same volume...when the guy stop the noise came to be heard.

This effect, i will call now "defect", i am trying to avoid.

I worked for Sony Broadcasting, many years, also in Japan.... they were very serious people.

Someday i was visiting a Video Tape recorder factory and i point them one link, a metal piece that interconnect mechanics with a solenůid....the link was week.....The small man started to scream...and many peoples stop work and surround him that start to give some "military" orders.......1 year after i received new models...the link was changed in size, in shape and in the material made.....turn into inoxidable steel, to be undestructable in normal operation..... that's what i perceived from them...but know, their sons are the bosses!....hummmm!... do not know new age ideas.

regards,

Carlos
Old 25th October 2004, 01:04 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Dirty tricks ? Imagine a company building lamps that last for ever...
It might have existed, but not long...

Well,if i could answer your question at once i would be rich !
I think you can't find a single guilty, but underbiasing, weak output,
bad feedback, bad inputcouplingcap, all those can do this.
My latest contructions no longer suffer from this, but still they don't
sound right. They have no obvious weakness, but somehow they
sound unpleasant. They have all details, perfect trebles and so on,
but something is missing. I think they don't sound "musical"...

Have you already tried removing tonecontrol ? I think this one is really
bad, as it applies varying phasehifts to the feedbacksignal, what is
very evil !

Mike
Old 25th October 2004, 02:47 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Default Yes, make sense things be substituted, but it is a dirty trick.

No, i did not already exclude the tone control.

But will try.

Carlos
Old 25th October 2004, 04:14 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Default If you buy something, and cannot have the idea how long it will work....

You will be buying a bomb with a timer.

That's the meaning of my "dirty trick" words.

Also we discover, in Saint Paulu's University an automobile that used watter as fuel.....yes....water was converted in hidrogen and mixed with air moved it fast.... and the exaust poluted gazes were potable water.

Uncle Sam Redish guys came here smiling..... and they bougth the rigths to produce...the copyrigth..... they return to US and buried the entire design...they were from GM, Chevy and others.....hehe...destiny punished them all.....now Japan is making all the game in US!....

This is some dirty trick..... and that one, the biggest, because people figthing for Petrol, when US can move their V8 with Hidrogen gaz.

I CHANGED THE AMPLIFIER, now i have worst bass and same compression in highs.....had to calculate the tone control resistance/impedance to put a resistor in it's place.

by

Carlos
Old 25th October 2004, 04:17 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Default That happened in 1974, where's the Hidrogen car?

It was tested, thousand of people could see those cars running.

Where are them?

the trick....modern?...or dirty?

Carlos
Old 25th October 2004, 04:20 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

You mean Hydrogencars ?
Maybe they all exploded, that's why you don't see them any longer.
Go, get a telescope ! They tell you these "moving stars" are satellites,
but they aren't....

Mike
Old 25th October 2004, 08:59 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Default ahahahahaha, depends on the amount of hidrogen

Do you remember the experience we made in school, when we were very young guys..... electricity and glass tubes...water under.....energy flowing trougth the water...one tube has some hidrogen.....we took it out using our finger to keep the gaz inside.

Now we ligth a match..... very near the tube..... and....when the finger was removed....boooom.....but nothing explode, only air molecules compressed...glass tube alife, and young boys too.

hehehe...you are funny!...... around the earth, in orbit, or near the stars were funny!

Good sense of humor...... i like that.....alles blau

regards.

Carlos
Old 26th October 2004, 06:07 AM   #19
Duo is offline Duo  Canada
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Duo
Well, this is all quite interesting. A bit off topic, but interesting.

As far as amplifier designs go, I haven't found it too difficult to make something simple that sounded musical. Perhaps I have had very good luck with them.

For your feedback loop, what are you using? Make sure it's just a resistor divider loop like normal, then you don't have to worry about that part causing any real nasty problems.

As for compression, many CDs are recorded these days with awful compression in the voices and some instruments. You can have the volume up loud and the music is there, however, it sounds completely lifeless and dead.

In the amp, mikeks is making good sense. Otherwise, if everything is working properly, I don't see where too much compression would come in. After all, transistor amps usually clip and not compress haha.
Old 26th October 2004, 06:31 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Carlos, where you got this " lemon " schematic ? Are you waiting for miracles ?

Hide this!Advertise here!