Power amp under development - Page 279 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th April 2008, 12:58 PM   #2781
diyAudio Member

Hi Quasi,

I am talking about a pure P-channel of course, If not, we should start another thread. As you said, its not quasi.....
Old 1st May 2008, 03:43 PM   #2782
diyAudio Member

Hi Quasi,

About your protection units :

In your soft-starter circut, there is a DC out (~28V if I am not wrong) Can this be tapped as the power supply for the DC detector (24V as you said) ?

Tks
Old 1st May 2008, 10:18 PM   #2783
quasi is offline quasi  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi Bigpanda,

The auxillary voltage from the soft start board is intended to provide power to the DC detectors as you say. It can also be used to provide power to other things (LEDs etc).

Note the AC source for the soft start must come from a seperate small transformer and not from the main power amp transformer(s) and the gnd from of the auxillary DC supply must be connected to the central audio ground.

Cheers
Q
Old 1st May 2008, 10:22 PM   #2784
diyAudio Member

Default Re: NMos200 pic

Quote:
Originally posted by RSK
Build NMOS200.
Sounding very good.
IRFP250, KSE340/350 used.

Cheers....Raj

Nice work Raj, glad you like it. Make sure you have good ventilation for the TO126 transistors and the small heatsinks mounted underneath.

Cheers and happy listening
Q
Old 2nd May 2008, 05:38 AM   #2785
RSK is offline RSK  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Default Thank you Quasi!

Yes, it is very nice to listen.
Very good bass and clear sound. Soundstage and instrument separations are incredible.

BTW, the heatsink is barely warm. Is it a good idea to increase the bias? How much more can I go?

My next project is the NMOS400 which I requested from you.
I have some fifty pcs. of IRFP452 in hand.

All the components are FOC. hehehehe!
I got it from old industrial equipments.

Cheers and keep you updated.

Raj.
Old 2nd May 2008, 07:12 AM   #2786
diyAudio Member

Hi Quasi,

Tks for reminding. I 've noticed it first time I saw the circuit. If yours had been available earlier, I would not have to clean up my mess I am in now, sob.....

BTW, as I said, as I am trying to clean up my mess, I had been looking for a 20V transformer but seems rather difficult to find. What if, just if, I had to use a 18V (25.2v after rectification), do I have to change any component?
Old 2nd May 2008, 02:03 PM   #2787
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bigpanda
Hi Quasi,

Tks for reminding. I 've noticed it first time I saw the circuit. If yours had been available earlier, I would not have to clean up my mess I am in now, sob.....

BTW, as I said, as I am trying to clean up my mess, I had been looking for a 20V transformer but seems rather difficult to find. What if, just if, I had to use a 18V (25.2v after rectification), do I have to change any component?
The DC detect circuit is drawn showing a 24 volt relay so 25 volts DC will be fine. You could also run 12 volts to the DC detectors and use a 12 volt relay. The timing will be different but that's not overly important.

Cheers
Q
Old 5th May 2008, 09:49 AM   #2788
diyAudio Member

Default actrk600

quasi,
good day,
i'm verry happy with this amp actrk600, i use c1845,c546/556,mje350 & irf460 6 pairs,supply 54-0-54-62(not rectified)
can i use 1000w speaker?crown 18'' dual magnet for my sub?
Old 5th May 2008, 10:17 AM   #2789
diyAudio Member

Default Re: actrk600

Quote:
Originally posted by engel dela pena
quasi,
good day,
i'm verry happy with this amp actrk600, i use c1845,c546/556,mje350 & irf460 6 pairs,supply 54-0-54-62(not rectified)
can i use 1000w speaker?crown 18'' dual magnet for my sub?

Sounds like a good plan. Your transformer will give you rectified and filtered rails of +/- 75 volts for the main rails plus about 86 volts for the auxillary supply and this is perfect.

With a good power supply You will get about 550 to 600 watts into 4 ohms.

But all the information about the Actrk600 is in another thread. This link takes you to that thread and a build by DanielJ http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...49#post1303249

Cheers
Q
Old 20th May 2008, 07:56 AM   #2790
kalmara is offline kalmara  Bulgaria
diyAudio Member

Hello, Quasi. I preformed a search with keywords "Nmos200 BOM", but didn't found anything like this for any of the Nmos amps. Do you have such a bill of materials, and if not - could you please comply one using your schematic design program. Thanks.

Hide this!Advertise here!