Power amp under development - Page 202 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th July 2007, 04:57 AM   #2011
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by quasi

For some strange reason the files need to be saved to the hard disk first before they can be opened. I'll see if there is something that can be done to change this. In the meantime right click the link and select "save as".

Cheers
Q
Yes, Quasi, I've downloaded each file twice to my hard disk, but I still couldn't open them, my Sprint layout kept saying that those file are not Sprint-layout files

Rgds
Old 15th July 2007, 08:24 AM   #2012
jethari is offline jethari  India
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to jethari
Hi Quasi, Key and everybody else,
Here is the updated pcb layout with all the suggested corrections. Tell me what you think of it.
Thanks
Hari
Attached Files
File Type: pdf nmos composite.pdf (83.9 KB, 258 views)
Old 15th July 2007, 09:36 AM   #2013
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jethari
Here is the updated pcb layout with all the suggested corrections. Tell me what you think of it.
Hi,
almost every cap has space to one or both ends.
Use the space to add in alternative pin pitch options for every cap.
small electros, small PP film and PES film 0.2inch & 0.3inch
larger PP film 0.4inch, 0.6inch, 0.9inch.

Try to ensure that C1 can accomodate 2u2F and maybe even as big as 4u7F.
Old 15th July 2007, 11:15 AM   #2014
quasi is offline quasi  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hoangduongo

Yes, Quasi, I've downloaded each file twice to my hard disk, but I still couldn't open them, my Sprint layout kept saying that those file are not Sprint-layout files

Rgds
I don't know what the problem could be. What version sprint are you using? I'm using version 5.0 with the latest update.

Can you email the file you downloaded to me? quasiweb@adam.com.au

Cheers
Quasi
Old 15th July 2007, 11:36 AM   #2015
diyAudio Member

Quote:

I don't know what the problem could be. What version sprint are you using? I'm using version 5.0 with the latest update.

Can you email the file you downloaded to me? quasiweb@adam.com.au

Cheers
Quasi
That's the prob, Quasi, I'm using ver 4.0.
Don't tell me to upgrade to ver 5.0 'cause I can't afford it
It's the best that you can save your designs in ver 4.0 and upload for 4.0 users.
Rgrds.
P.S: Now I have to go right now (I'm going on my vacation) or my mom will kill me (I'm serious) so I can't send you the files. See you next week then I'll send you the files.
Old 15th July 2007, 11:47 AM   #2016
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hoangduongo

That's the prob, Quasi, I'm using ver 4.0.
Don't tell me to upgrade to ver 5.0 'cause I can't afford it
It's the best that you can save your designs in ver 4.0 and upload for 4.0 users.
Rgrds.
P.S: Now I have to go right now (I'm going on my vacation) or my mom will kill me (I'm serious) so I can't send you the files. See you next week then I'll send you the files.

No problem, I hope you survive. Lets make contact again next week. Enjoy your vacation.

Cheers
Q
Old 15th July 2007, 11:55 AM   #2017
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jethari
Hi Quasi, Key and everybody else,
Thanks
Hari

Hi Hari,

Nice board. I like the way you have arranged T1 & T5 allowing for some thermal coupling. It looks like you are going to use 2SC1845's here?

Can I make a couple of suggestions.

1. You should use a seperate track from the fuse for the FET rail bypass capacitors. This will keep the capacitor charge / discharge currents seperate from the track feeding the FETs.

2. As much as possible you should retain the star grounding arrangement after the 10 ohm resistor. The reason is to keep all the components using this ground at exactly the same potential. You would be surprised how much difference 1cm of track junction can make.

I have attached a snap of my layout to show what I mean.

Cheers
Q
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bypass track and quiet groound detail.jpg (95.9 KB, 610 views)
Old 15th July 2007, 12:03 PM   #2018
Vivek is offline Vivek  India
diyAudio Member

I am a little confused as to what I should do now. I need to give this a serious thought.
Old 15th July 2007, 01:31 PM   #2019
jethari is offline jethari  India
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to jethari
Quote:

Hi Hari,

Nice board. I like the way you have arranged T1 & T5 allowing for some thermal coupling. It looks like you are going to use 2SC1845's here?

Can I make a couple of suggestions.

1. You should use a seperate track from the fuse for the FET rail bypass capacitors. This will keep the capacitor charge / discharge currents seperate from the track feeding the FETs.

2. As much as possible you should retain the star grounding arrangement after the 10 ohm resistor. The reason is to keep all the components using this ground at exactly the same potential. You would be surprised how much difference 1cm of track junction can make.

I have attached a snap of my layout to show what I mean.

Cheers
Q
Quasi
Thanks for the compliment. I will be using 2sc2240 for T1 and T5. BTW the thermal coupling arrangement is courtesy Andrew.

1. I'm amending the tracks to the filter caps, there is enough space as it is.
2. I've managed to provide the star ground. But the line going to C2/R3 cannot be helped.

I'll post the amended layout later.

Hari
Old 15th July 2007, 04:07 PM   #2020
diyAudio Member

Hi Hari,

The board is looking progressing great.

Any reason some tracks have a dark line around them? It is a bit distracting is all.

The wire link beween R35/R17 may need to be made wider and if possible bolded so it is not mistaken as a track and some might think the link should connect to T7. If you take a look at quasi's visual effect to show the wire link in the NMOS350/500 you see the visual manner the wire link stands out while also so labled with text as you have added pointing to the wire link. Also make sure when you create the tracks only image this wirelink does not appear on the tracks image. The wirelink should only show in the "layout" version of the PCB image as does with the NMOS350/500.

Regards,

John L. Males
Willowdale, Ontario
Canada
15 July 2007 (11:10 -) 12:11
Official Quasi Thread Researcher

P.S. quasi, I was not able to use the URL for the NMSO350/500 to your Web Site with the diyAudio HTML coding. The single quote in the "pdf's" part of the URL is causing all sorts of problems and I have not been able to find an alternate URL coding to work. jlm
P.S. My appologies in advance for any typo errors. If you cannot "decode" the typo or feel there is a typo (some typos are correctly typed spelling, but can be mix of wrong/omitted words) speak up and ask me to clarify. jlm

Hide this!Advertise here!