Power amp under development - Page 101 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th August 2006, 06:10 PM   #1001
diyAudio Member

The way I do my pcb is that even if I had a pdf/jpg/gif file of the tracks, I who draw my own board with my pcb software which can generate gerber files for the different layers. I guess that the 'outline milling profile' cannot be generated automatically from a gerber files of the tracks by your software, can they? If that is the case, that would mean redundant work (if you may say that).

I can understand that the milling process is just to isolate the tracks but won't go as far as milling all the unwanted area away as in etching. That would mean giving too much work to the router.
Old 28th August 2006, 06:34 PM   #1002
matth is offline matth  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

well after lots of different tests, I've come to the conclusion that Q's layout can not be routed!
Some of the tracks are just to small.

I suppose its time to drag the light box out!
Old 28th August 2006, 07:16 PM   #1003
matth is offline matth  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quasi, Is there any chance you could send me the original artwork of the 10 fet board (before converting it to a pdf)?
I was hoping to have something which I can modify to increase the track width.
Old 28th August 2006, 09:47 PM   #1004
diyAudio Member

Default !!! 1000 POST FOR QUASI !!!

Goodtimes!
Old 29th August 2006, 01:19 AM   #1005
diyAudio Member

Hi matth,

That's exactly what I am talking about. No matter how nice or well the original design is, there is always some ways that it can get outside of your own coverage. I just try to get more controll of the stuff by laying the pcb of my own. There is also 1 terrible thing about this : I am always changing me layout, trying to improve somehow.
Old 29th August 2006, 12:08 PM   #1006
quasi is offline quasi  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Re: !!! 1000 POST FOR QUASI !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by matth
Quasi, Is there any chance you could send me the original artwork of the 10 fet board (before converting it to a pdf)?
I was hoping to have something which I can modify to increase the track width.
Here is the original artwork, but you will need Sprint Layout to modify it. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...310#post978310

Quote:
Originally posted by TomWaits
Goodtimes!
Yeah 1000 posts indeed. Bugga though that I wasn't the one to post #1000. Oh well maybe I'll get to do #10,000.

Quote:
Originally posted by bigpanda
Hi matth,

That's exactly what I am talking about. No matter how nice or well the original design is, there is always some ways that it can get outside of your own coverage. I just try to get more controll of the stuff by laying the pcb of my own. There is also 1 terrible thing about this : I am always changing me layout, trying to improve somehow.
There are obviuosly unlimited layouts that can be done for this schematic. My thoughts for anyone doing there own are mainly these;

Keep the output well away from the input.
Apply star earthing as much as possible. In my layout you'll see two obvious "star earths".
Power supply capacitor tracks should always run away from the voltage source and never between the voltage source and the powered section. E.g; the positive track from the fuse to the capacitor runs in the opposite electrical direction to the track that feeds the FETs.
Keep tracks short and avoid parallel paths (esp. between high current and low current paths).
And it should look nice.
Finally the performance of this amp has quite a lot to do with the actual layout I have used.

There are probably others, but I just got off a plane....and I'm beat.

Cheers
Q
Old 29th August 2006, 12:45 PM   #1007
diyAudio Member

Sorry Q, I don't mean there is something wrong with your board layout. All I am saying is that if I am to make a pcb (which is what I am starting to do now), I won't just take your pdf file and try to make a film or whatever I need to proceed making the pcb. First I will lay the pcb with my own pcb software /w your original as the blueprint, then looking for places that I may have modification to suite my own need. There is always space for improvement to fit your taste. Hope I did not offend anyone.
Old 29th August 2006, 01:20 PM   #1008
quasi is offline quasi  Australia
diyAudio Member

Not offended at all, indeed I am interested to see modified boards that suit different needs, I.e, cases, power needs, available components (TO3, TO220) etc.

I just wanted to contribute that some design rules are important to ensure a good result.
Old 29th August 2006, 03:28 PM   #1009
diyAudio Member

Default Sprint

Q, did you ever post the Sprint schematic layout, can you post it?
That software plays elevator music when you install it

Shawn.
Old 29th August 2006, 03:55 PM   #1010
sonsom is offline sonsom  India
diyAudio Member

Default schematics

Hi Quasi

Can you send me all about the latest version of your project ?

My e-mail is sonsom@rediffmail.com. I am a new member.

Thanks and Regards
Sony Soman

Hide this!Advertise here!