Power amp under development

Re: CNC router

bigpanda said:
Hi matth,

Do you have any documentation for your CNC router? I had been going over some of my captured information and find a CNC drill. I and looking into it and might be crossing over with a CNC router.

Tks

Hi Big, I'd check out cnczone.com. My router is an 4' x 2' gantry type router (all aluminium) using THK rails. I run it with 600Oz/Inch steppers at 75v through M-Motion 8A microstepping controllers. The controller software is Mach 3 and I use VCarve for CAM.
The resolution of my machine is less than 1/1000th inch so today I am going to try to mill some PCB's.

Tks matth for answering.

Would you mind keeping us informed about your router? Does cnczone.com has a complete article on you router? It saves a lot of procedures using a router than using the photo method but I am worried about the dust (or debris).

If we are lucky enough to use the same piece of hardware (with some other extra parts or different parts but the same major structure) as a drill (the software will probably be different) , we may have 2 for the price of 1 (or 1 1/2)

Just before I forget : should we move our butts out of Q's way and start a new thread on this?

Hi Q, First test at routing your layout on a piece of scrap.
I'm planning on building 4 of these boards (10 fet version) to build into 2 stereo PA amps.
I'll post some pics of the progress.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,065
I intend to drill the holes aswell but at the moment I am limited by the artwork.
The CAM program I use requires outline vector artwork and there are a number of steps to get from Q's PDF to this!
I have not added ground planes to the board, I just create an outline milling profile that isolates the tracks, this leaves behind what look like ground planes but are infact not connected to ground.