luxman M-02 problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I recently bought a non-working luxman M-02. When I power it up, there is almost no sound coming out of the amp, and it's deformed. The VU meters are only moving when I switch on the speaker relais. But after that, they don't move anymore. There is also no light on the vu meters. There is no DC offset on the speaker terminals. Is there anyone who has a schematic of this amp? I would really like to repair this amp.
Kind regards,
Roeland De Vriese

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Roeland,
That is a really nice amp. You will like it when it's fixed. I will have a look to see if I have a schematic.
Meantime, check the voltage on the emitter resistors to ground for DC offset. You may find bad solder joints by now. Don't rush, take this slow & easy as it would be a shame to lose this amp.
-Chris

anatech said:
Hi Roeland,
That is a really nice amp. You will like it when it's fixed. I will have a look to see if I have a schematic.
Meantime, check the voltage on the emitter resistors to ground for DC offset. You may find bad solder joints by now. Don't rush, take this slow & easy as it would be a shame to lose this amp.
-Chris

10-4 that ! We Americans do not appreciate Luxman gear in general. However you will find a few peeps that really love this gear. I had a M-02 once, what a beauty! I now own three M-117's. (Which is electronically an M-03 in poor man's clothing. ;-)

By the way it uses Toshiba 1302/3281 OP devices, I suggest they be replaced with TOS 5200/1943 pairs from Digi-Key. No use buying fake 1302/3281's which are all over the place.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.