Kenwood Super 11

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I inherited this monster a couple years ago and have been pretty impressed with it's power. It brings back memory's of my old Technics SA-700. Well my kids were too and now one of the channels is distorted and clipping badly. :(

I don't know the value of the Super 11, and really don't know if it's worth spending money on. I think it puts out 125 wpc rms. I'm pretty good at electronic repairs if I know what component to replace. I'm betting I may need some professional services to find that out though. Anybody want to offer this newby some advice. Should I start looking at ebay for another SA-700? :rolleyes:

Thanks, Scott

Well..hey there Scott in Blue Springs... Glenn in Lee's Summit here.;)

Kenwood musta built 5 different versions of this receiver. Check the model number on the rear. I 'think' it ought to say something like KR-1000 II or something. Then we need to find a proper manual for it.

Yes...it's worth fixing, if we can track down a manual...hunting and shotgunning for bad parts is too time consuming and can get expensive unless it turns out to be something easy.

If you decide not to bother fixing, then by all means I'd be interested it taking it off your hands. :D

Hey Glenn. Wow, you're close! Does the manual have a schematic or is there something else in the Kenwood manual that would really help? I'll check the model # when I get home tonight.

Hmmm, if you have some resources to share, I might be able to make it worth your while. I've got a Marantz 104 tuner and a littleTechnics model 110 receiver looking for homes. :cool:

EchoWars said:

Check the model and we'll see what the deal is from there.

Hmmm, next to "model number" on the tag, it say's "super eleven".

This number is on the back of the unit. A23-1172-03 But not on any tag???

Any help?:confused:

Adding, did some searching and found a very old Kenwood mailing list on Yahoo. From what I read, it was a "Japan only" or "gray market" receiver and it does make 125wpc RMS. Hmmm, maybe it is worth saving?

Busy day...sorry to replay so late.

I believe that you are correct...no real model number, just 'Super 11'.

I also believe that no full service manual is available...only a schematic. However, that would very likely be sufficient.

One here...

Another here...

Might email the second place and ask, but I bet all they have is the schematic (hopefully with the foil pattern...)

Yes...it's worth fixing. Did you think I was kidding you? :)

BTW...it can't be Japan only... Japan uses 100V, we have 120. It would have committed suicide years ago. It was likely a model made to sell in military PX's in Europe and Asia (yes, some manufacturers made models specifically to sell at military installations).

EchoWars said:
Busy day...sorry to replay so late.

BTW...it can't be Japan only... Japan uses 100V, we have 120. It would have committed suicide years ago. It was likely a model made to sell in military PX's in Europe and Asia (yes, some manufacturers made models specifically to sell at military installations).

Oh no problem. I've been busy too. I won a Technics SA-505 on ebay last night for $55 shipped. I'm addicted again! :eek:

That's what I read re. military in Asia. It has fluorescan(sp) watt meters and digital freq display. 5 band eq. 3 sets of spkr outs etc.
I'll order the schematic tonight.

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.