Peavey CS-400 Schematics Wanted - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th July 2006, 04:18 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I could be wrong, but going by their schematics, i have never seen a Peavey amp. worth spending a penny on...
I couldn't agree more with that line above! Those amps have horrible build quality. Peavey is the worst of the worst when it comes to customer support. We are still awaiting 22XT Diaphrams now for over a week... A Schematic for the CS-800 took them three weeks just to e-mail to us. They are a joke!

Mark
Old 13th July 2006, 10:23 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Ok thank's for advice.
But now i have another question
What can i build inside of this case with it's original transformer(42v ac) i am waiting for the advice
ViceLord send his regards and sorry for my bad english
Old 14th July 2006, 04:49 AM   #23
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

It will cost you nothing to try. Send an email to parts@peavey.com and ask for the schematic.

it is unfortunate that Mark had a bad experience, but the vast majority of customers find their support to be excellent. I run a repair shop authorized by Peavey, Fender, MArshall, and a few dozen othre major brands, and after 20 years of it, I cannot think of any other company that even comes close the Peavey's level of support.

As to waiting a week for a part, the factory shuts down for a week's summer vacation, so if you ordered during that period, you wait until they get back. Even so there was a national holiday in the middle of last week. Even our shop ran a couple days behind last week.

When I place a parts order, I always ask when it will ship.

Their build quality may be "horrible," but PV amps are known for being able to withstand heaps of abuse and keep on running. I rarely have to repair charcoal spots on boards on the PVs like I do on the QSC amps, and I rarely have to resolder the predrivers like I do on cetain Crown series amps.

A few years ago when Peavey bought Crest, ther was a relatively large loss of people from the parts department, and they did indeed run way behind on parts orders, and in particular non-revenue orders like schematics. But that was cleared up a long time ago, and they are pretty quick at getting drawings out - unless you catch them on vacation week.

And even then, we can always download any schematics in their file from our dealer support site. There are numerous service centers like mine that are willing to be helpful when the need arises. If they are not available, we are.

Try getting such support from Behringer, try ordering a part from Fender if you are not a dealer.
Old 14th July 2006, 07:01 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

I emailed them for the schematic now i am waiting i hope not to much

Altought i was thinking to replace the power module with something else because i read only bad thing about the sound of the peavey and because i have 8ohms speakers
Old 21st July 2006, 09:49 AM   #25
synd120 is offline synd120  China
diyAudio Member

http://www.pabbs.net/read.php?tid=255

PEAVEY SCHEMATIC
Old 21st July 2006, 10:58 AM   #26
edl is offline edl  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by synd120

PEAVEY SCHEMATIC

Login and pass please...
Old 21st July 2006, 11:00 AM   #27
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo
Try getting such support from Behringer...
Try getting any support from Behringer, even when you're in the trade!
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 22nd July 2006, 12:01 AM   #28
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

I am an authorized Behringer warranty service center. I had to sign a non-disclosure agreeement - I cannot divulge schematics - and even the private web sites has to be part of a VPN, so I have to deal with them separately than other web sites. They don't stock commodity parts like LM3886, only their company specific things. Very uptight company in many ways, and yet very lax in others.

I wanted to bail on a repair once and learned the hard way, "We don't have a central tech facility. You service centers are the whole deal."
Old 22nd July 2006, 02:29 AM   #29
synd120 is offline synd120  China
diyAudio Member

quote:
Originally posted by synd120

PEAVEY SCHEMATIC

Login and pass please...

Login mdk
pass mdkmdk

schematics CS400 cs800 UMA75-UMA150_Mixer_Amplifier

WMA150 XR500
Old 22nd July 2006, 03:48 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Thank you very much for the links...
From what i read in here i don't think it will be a goo refururbish this amplifier...
I have some modules of IPA400(very similar to AV400) and i was thinking to sweep the power module of the Peavey cs400 with thoes...
What do you think good/bad ideea
I want to keep the conection boar and thoe's too boards from the front

Sorry for my bad english but///
Regards

Hide this!Advertise here!