Chat

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've flipped through these pages a few times in the past.
Now I decided to come out. Very nice and interesting articles.
My bias and strive is building and constructing nice sounding
equipment. Gor top end I always build discrete OPamps with
Zetex transistors. Power amps are always according to my
patent, described on my homeside. Anyone interested
is permitted to use the patent for personal use. I have done several designs rnaging from 100W to 700W. They sound
soft and are perfect for anything from my Linns to my JBL PA.
Even with the JBL rig (2x18" 2x15" 2" Horn and 2 x 2405 each side), listening to classical music is a pleasure. Not only biased by the tremedous dynamic range.
I would be glad to share my ideas and constructions to hobbyists.

Andreas

It is about time someone comes out that does design their own circuits. This forum seems to have become more of a DYI repair man's manual. I too am working on a design that none of which is based on any existing circuits. It's a class G thing. I unfourtunately don't have much time to spend on it lately. I just recieved some parts and still in the contruction phase.
One of these days I will get a patent but I keep coming up with better minor improvements...it may be forever when I finish.:dodgy:

I am interested in comparing some ideas though, pro's and con's.
:cool:

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Andreas,
Do you have an English part to your site?

I think many of us are building our own amps. I'm sure there are a fair number who are designing their own as well. I've seen a lot of posts that show this. I am too. We shall see whether I get smoke or sound. :sing:

I really don't have a problem with service questions. It's a great way to learn.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.