DENON POA-6600A schematic wanted !!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just listened to it for an hour or so.

Sound is very powerful and tight. It makes my 4ohm nominal line arrays play really good bass.
Maybe they are 3ohms in reality.
I'd say neutral, not warm, not harsh or annoying.

Stereo image is ok, but not good depth wise.
Of course I am now comparing to the tube gear that was just playing before Denon.
Priboj UM-50 and McIntosh MC275

LOL

You do realise that your comparing a 25 year old amplifier ;)

Also it's entry level POA series

Now imagine if you recapped it and applied updated technology (caps and opamps etc).

I run X 2 Poa 6600A'S Mono blocks Updated of course. Also important is I run the Pra 1500 pre amp which has zero gain and is designed to run with the monos. This makes a massive difference ! I prefer it's sound to tube amps :D
Then there is the POA 8000 which I think will give the Mac's a big hiding ;)
They just don't make equipment like that today unless you spend thousands of Euro

Last edited:
I'm contemplating getting to broken POA6600A to drive my maggies... reading this thread i'm not to sure if it is an easy fix.

Would it be a good amplifier to start learning fixing these things? One has a fried output stage, the other has a fried fuse & resistor. Can be had for 300 euro's. Might bring it to a repair shop if that's going to be easier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.