The Great transformer based SE amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Few years ago I made the amp that can be seen in the attached file. Some visitors who were used to listen to the plastic audio were satisfied with its sound. Any comments, folks? ;)

Attachments

• se_amp.gif
    se_amp.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 344
Congratulation Pavel, those simple things usually sounds good!

This BU208, i remember,.... some hi voltage to TV fly Back transistor, to Black and White old television.... good Pavel.!...i like to put this to work in my club.... same volume with a 400 watts Marantz.....of course Marantz at minimum power.... operating class A because of bias... and sounds good!... sometimes we feel confusion.... not perfect because transformers, not all, normally turns the sound a little worst.

regards,

Carlos

Upupa Epops said:
Maybe is better use there only one transistor, best will be IRF 730 with splendid high input capacity, which make wonderful satin smooth sound :D .

You are completely right, simple = better. Unfortunately that time when I designed the amp I was not that experienced to be able to develop it with the IRF730. Maybe you could have given me a helping hand.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.