I have +-50volt rails @ 1000VA, 37600uF per rail: what would you reccomend?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am embarrased, please Eva accept my excuse. By the way my wife's name is Eva so I am not used to appologize to somebody named Eva. Since I live in another part of the world with a a lot of different approaches to just about everything, my trandformers are not causing me any problems. Everything around here is made in a different way, do I need to say Volvo. Our transformers are made heavier, maybe they are constructed as to not have this problem with saturation at start up. Saturation is anyway in silicon iron not an abrubt affair. A normal transformer deals with a maximum flow of 1.2 T, saturation flow in 3-4% Si iron is 2T so there is a margin. there is a small or faint chance of saturating a core in a normal transformer. Probably my toroids are wound with a oversized core lending them to not saturate at any situation.
The reason that nobody uses the maximum flow in normal use is that the losses increase heavily at higher flows.

My escape from the PSU problem is to use switching power supplies, may I say they behave better in all ways. With the sinking prices of power transistors it is evan cheaper to use switching power than conventionals. The regulation is far better, and the response from golden ears, they love them. Especially the response in bass is far better, stable better difined. Only trouble is to lay hand on ferrites. Merchants are willingly supplying if your order is multiplies of thousands.

Andreas

yeah..... ok... the case will just contain the powersupply... :D

btw, I got a new digital camera :D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 121
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.