Mac 1900 pre amp starting mute problem - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th October 2004, 08:04 PM   #1
wleediy is offline wleediy  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Question Mac 1900 pre amp starting mute problem

My Mac 1900 has problem with left ch. The line stage will be on with a delay of about 7 to 15 sec. I can trace the culprit as all the transistors are at their respective working volatges. All the capacitors has been changed too with new Rifa and Elna Silmic.
The same channel has an NPN driver transistor burnt out which I have changed to the Tip 35 type ( cant rem but the TIP pair), with the BC shunt capacitor increased by 100pf or so. But then it butrnt again the second time. After that I decided to increase all the input and output shunt caps and it is ok so far.
I hope to sort out the pre amp problem. Perhaps need to change the transistor to the BC 550/560 types.
Next after the line stage is fix I will attempt to change the output power transsitor to complimantary NPN/PNP type.

Tks and best rgds

William Lee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1900 line stage 2.jpg (46.4 KB, 45 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!