NAD 304 schematic wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello there people! :)

My problem is the same as the one Man_In_UK and Danka gets. after a while the sound dissapears or gets distorted on either left, right or both channels anyone know what might cause this problem. It seems as when I'm turning the volume up or down the sound becomes normal again. Is it possible that it's just the volume control wich is broken???

Rastafather

rastafather said:
Hello there people! :)

My problem is the same as the one Man_In_UK and Danka gets. after a while the sound dissapears or gets distorted on either left, right or both channels anyone know what might cause this problem. It seems as when I'm turning the volume up or down the sound becomes normal again. Is it possible that it's just the volume control wich is broken???

Rastafather

Mine also has the same distortion plus when i turn balance to the Right I can still hear the sound coming from the left. Maybe Balance Pot...

NAD 304 problems

Hi,

My NAD 304 went down a couple of days ago - it is stuck in protection mode (This means most of it is OK right?). I am gonna try to test the resistors mentioned earlier in this post and see if one of them is a problem.

A few days before it went down it went into protection. I switched it off, let it cool right down and then it was fine. This time it looks like it has really failed.

The head phone socket still works but the right channel is low and fuzzy so I guess that narrows down the culprit to one of two (or means the problem is completely different.)

If anyone reading this can offer any further advice then please let me know. What could cause this failure is it just age or could it be something in my setup. I have a pair of Mordaunt Short 904 speakers which I am using with it but am a complete novice with this stuff - maybe a stupid question but could the speakers have caused the problem. I got everything (amp, speakers, CD deck etc) on the cheap fbut it all looks looked after with no obvious signs of abuse.

Any help or steers very welcome - have soldering iron poised for action!

fixed

Hi,

anyone finding this thread through a google search after your amp died (as I did) take heart.

Yesterday I wired in the 1KW resistors (R333 and R334) as recommended and the Amp is back to its old self - let the good times roll.

Now that I have dusted off the soldering iron, I might have a crack at my last amp (a Denon PMA 250) which died a while ago and is just taking up space in the garage. I dont need it but its kind of satisfying to get the better of these things.

Thanks to this board for existing and being its members for the pool of knowledge.

cheers

Yesterday I wired in the 1KW resistors (R333 and R334) as recommended and the Amp is back to its old self - let the good times roll.

Can anyone confirm that this is the fix for the fuzzy sound? My NAD 304 seems to not be able to pass play low level signals. I initially suspected a problem with the biasing circuit, but the comments in this thread seems to suggest otherwise.

Thanks. I did subsequently find that thread. It says that the relay is the culprit.

I changed my 304's relay also. Also, I just found out that the switcher (CD, PHONO, VIDEO and etc) can cause lost of signal left or right also. I haven't taken out to check but I believe the contact behind the switcher causes the problem. Because my right channel went silent when I push "CD" too hard.

I hope you fixed your problem. Good luck.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.