resistor ok to replace VGS multiplier?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is it ok to replace the VGS multiplier circuit with a resistor for biasing a p-p mosfet amp? This is for a balanced amp with matched output mosfets, so a little offset voltage wouldn't show up at the speaker terminals. The stage in question is folded cascode with a constant current source.

nobody special said:
1 more question:...Do I need some resistance to ground on the output mosfet's gates? If so, what value is typical?

If the output mosfets are used in the usual source follower
configuration...you don't need any resistor to ground.

Only a series resistor connected directly to the gate pin.

This resistor is for parasitic oscillation protection and the value depends of the input capacity capacity of the mosfets.
Typical values for lateral Hitachi mosfets 220 Ohms...and for vertical IRF mosfets 47-100 Ohms.

nobody special said:
By the way, what kind of motorcycle is that in your avatar? Looks like a Honda or Yamaha?

No...is my new "baby" a Suzuki GSX 1400...:cool:

See it at ...and click in the photos to enlarge

http://www.lerepairedesmotards.com/actu/2001/actu_010520roadstergsx1400.htm

I ride a Honda ST-1100.

Good bike :)

Before the Suzuki I have a Yamaha GTS 1000....good technology but too heavy...:bawling:
I wonder how many other DIY audio guys ride.

I think that people that ride a motorcycle and the people that like DIY audio have something in common....they like "strong emotions"...

Cheers...:drink:

PS: Take care in the road...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.