Please comment my PCB!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
roly3055 said:
New version in Eagle

Any new suggestions?

I suggest doing it again.
If you don´t want to wire your pots, start with using them in the schematic, instead of pads.
In Eagle you should have library called Piher where there are usual single and double pots.

Then start making the board:
1) place the pots
2) start with parts which are near the pots and continue further in the schematic, route the wires manualy
3) try to hold with star grouning where possible
4) at the beginnig place the parts loosely so you have enough place to change the layout
5) after you have everything in place you should check the design rules mentioned above, and then you can try to shrink the board as possible

Then come the other things like aligning resistor so it looks nicer.

capacitors

does anybody nows what value has these capacitors? (sorry for my poor english)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 766
I actually write software to design PCB's and have 20 years experience of designing PCB's.

1/ Any track carrying any power should be as thick as possible.
It costs nothing to thicken up tracks just time and it saves the planet too by making the etch chemicals last longer as they are disolving as much copper.

2/ I always add a powerplane and connect it to ground.
This again uses less chemicals but also beefs up anything connected to ground.

THe noise is probably oscillation. What opamps are you using?

To be honest the layout isn't very good. The power tracks are very small. I can't make out it the designer has made the schematic correctly or not.

I'm in the middle of doing my own layout of a circuit inspired by this one, customised for my parts (an ALPS RK168 type volume pot), and with relays to do muting and tone bypass.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.