5 watts single ended amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
this circuit i got from internet.does anybody tried this circuit.it is written that it is a 5 watts amp.but it seems to be 14 watts amp.if anybody tried this please give some informayion.
or atleast try to analyse this circuit

Attachments

• 5watt.jpg
    5watt.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,597
The bandwidth quoted isn't the world, but replace a capacitor here or there and that'll be fixed.. The circuit indeed does look like a JLH 10W Class A amplifier.. being somewhat smaller and even more simple, performances have become a a little worse..

The 5watt that was posted earlie will have similar performance I think... I'll do some sumilations...

The irf510 has low transductance compared to the irf540, so performace (efficinetie, THD etc) is worse... I just ran a irf540 simmulation and it is comparable to the ZEN project range....

The arangement on the schematic that I linked, is a 'pure' SE' the lower output transistor is allmost a CCS.. it might be more effecient to split the 1Ohm resistor to make it more push-pull

edit
Beware that the Iq is far less stable with IRFs that with the BJT... you need a very stable supply....

maybe if you can tell a bit more about your goal and restrictions, I can help you with a real practical circuit...

Hi,

I prommissed I 'd be back... took some time and haven't come up with anything new.. Are you still thinking about your irf530 SE project? In the mean time I've gotten a new job, got my ticket to 4 weeks of Ugandan holiday and build a couple of gainclones..

Well if you are.. I would suggest a Zen with Aleph current source.. these can easely be build with a couple of irf530's ..

I quickly draw a suggestion... : active current source doulbes the current output..goodluck

Attachments

• zennish_irf530.gif
    zennish_irf530.gif
    8.8 KB · Views: 882
hello...
this circuit wouldn't output 14W,neither 5w..
max output about 4W at 10ohm load..
AC40 volt throuth half-briage to DC36 Volt..
so output point is 18V,I=U/R=18/10=1.8A,
one chanel waste 64.8 Watte,so Irf530 need a
very large heatsink(32.4W),Use Irf540 or Irfp140
is much fit in this circuit...
P(output)=64.8x0.0625(rate)=4.05W
haha..;)

hello...
this circuit wouldn't output 14W,neither 5w..
max output about 4W at 10ohm load..
AC40 volt throuth half-briage to DC36 Volt..
so output point is 18V,I=U/R=18/10=1.8A,
one chanel waste 64.8 Watte,so Irf530 need a
very large heatsink(32.4W),Use Irf540 or Irfp140
is much fit in this circuit...
P(output)=64.8x0.0625(rate)=4.05W
haha..

OK... watch this and be amazed...

The 40Volt in the circuit is DC...I don't care how you get it. This is than actively regulated down to about 34 Volt to limit the ripple effectively. This will give you about 10Vrms voltage swing, resulting in about 15Watt in 6 ohms. Peak current will be around
2.4 Amperes, so Iq will 1.2A (minimum). Why?? it's magic m8
:devilr: So you get about 48Watt of dissipation for 15 Watt output... that's not much, but better, way better than a certain two-stage-resistive-loaded-SE-amplifier I spotted....

mr.renjiish,you had said that you build the amp for your PC...
don't choose class-a amp..low output power and with large heatsink..
class-ab is more fit for your use,
look,the JLH MOS version can work in class-ab..
IRFP140 current you can set about 300mA,outpout 15W/8ohm:

Attachments

• jlh-mos.gif
    jlh-mos.gif
    31 KB · Views: 465
DarkHorse,

please read the JLH 10 watt Class A thread and try to understand why your circuit has some nasty features.. in that thread you can also find some real THD measurements on a good MOSFET implementation of the JLH.. at both 300mA and 1300mA ... It's not that I don't appriciate what you are trying to do here, but a MOSFET JLH is not as straight forward and actually has some caveats which you seem not aware of.. you should be a little bit more causious m8..

gr,
Thijs

PS
JLH MOSFET discussion
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=287957#post287957

measurements
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=291043#post291043

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.