Luxman L-100

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
That's certainly an idea. It wasn't very complicated so you should be able to do that. If it fails, there are other amplifier models to build on this web site. Don't discount how good the Symasym related amps can sound if you decide to go that route. It's better than the original Luxman amp in that model. I used to do warranty on these sets and know them. Getting that special heat sink would be impossible unless they decided to sell them on Ebay. Removing that stuff was totally looney!

-Chris

I'm almost inclined to dump it or strip it. I could probably do the heatsinks easier than the rest of it. It would be difficult to confirm the scale of the PCB unless I printed a bunch off and try them until fit. Then It would be a matter of poulating them. I have to look at it again. I believe it has alps sealed Pots. If so, It paid its way and can be retired.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
It's easy enough to measure instead of printing them all off.

If it's cosmetic condition is good, it's worth becoming something else. If it's rough, strip it. After all, the original amplifier was okay, but not great or memorable (and I like Luxman in general). So by introducing a different amplifier that you decided to make would improve it's performance.

The power supply voltage and current is high enough power to be useful in almost any situation. You could make quite the respectable amplifier out of it. Considering that my biggest problem is putting my designs in a case, here that is solved for you.

Cosmetic condition is everything in cases like this. And in this case the power supply is very respectable.

-Chris

You are in Canada , not far from me aand more skilled than I am by far. I'll send you some pictures and you can let me know if it appeals to you. If it does I can trade, sell or even give it to you. I can get to to you next time I am out that way. It is quite an attractive piece.
I do like that it has a fiew higher end potentiometers. Surprised to see a few sealed units.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Well, my wife would kill me (with a capital K) if I bought / traded anything else in here. You'll see why. You are welcome to swing by one day of course. Just PM me if you feel like stopping by.

If I wasn't so full with projects I would probably take you up on that offer. We can look at it to see exactly what is there before you make up your mind.

-Chris

Well, my wife would kill me (with a capital K) if I bought / traded anything else in here. You'll see why. You are welcome to swing by one day of course. Just PM me if you feel like stopping by.

If I wasn't so full with projects I would probably take you up on that offer. We can look at it to see exactly what is there before you make up your mind.

-Chris

anatech if you have any way to contact argonrepublic about his L100 for me that would be great. I need some small parts. Thanks​