Sub for LF411CN op amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The '711 was designed to be a direct replacement, but.....

There are lots of other JFET input op-amps to chose from.

There are some things that you may need to take into account, and you may not know until you try them.

Some op-amps may have a greater turn-on thump.

Depending on the topology, I have found instances where a '711 did not work in place of a '5534, as the inputs were too close to the negative rail, and it was outside of its common-mode range.

Chances are that the '711 will be fine. And it is cheap and readily available.

Jocko

National's web site shows no indication that the LF411CN has been discontinued. It's still an active part as far as they're concerned. The AD711 is a better-than sub if you want to pay the extra money. The Analog Devices parts should be easier to get now that Digi-Key is stocking them.

Thanks for the information. I had been told by my parts supplier that the 411 wasn't available. It is nice to know that it is. The 5532 won't work because the pin out is different. I did find an old ECG book and the 411 is supposed to be the same as the 937M.
I will try that one because I don't want to pay the shipping and handling from digikey on one part.

Thanks
Joe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.