2sj200 ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The amp shown looks like it will work, but it is a very rudimentary design. For example, no Vbe multiplier for bias, just a pot, no AC bypass cap on that either...

No reason not to use the Toshibas... although off the top of my head I do not know if it has a negative tempco or positive, and at what temperatures... one could "borrow" the sort of thermistor thing that NP has used elsewhere. Although one would probably just arrange the thermistors to work with a Vbe circuit... usa a lot of heatsink and don't worry about it?? :D

The Hitachi types from Renasas and OnSemi (iirc) will be fine.

There are all sorts of neat amps here on DiyAudio, I'd investigate them first...

_-_-bear

Here we go again...

Answer: NO you cannot use the Toshibas in place of the Hitachi MOSFETs. You could use hitachi 2SJ162/2SK1058 as a slightly (1/8) less rated alternative that is also easyer to get. Use of Toshiba MOSFETs requires modifying the schematic to include a thermally compensated bias, also it may require some subtle but important changes in compensation and oscillation prevention for the amp. Also, the pinout is different which will be a problem if it's a finished PCB.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.