Can this circuit be usefull to audio amplifiers - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th September 2004, 03:53 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Can this circuit be usefull to audio amplifiers

I made some changes to make this circuit work in audio frequencies.... to measure errors related the output coupling impedance, some standing wave ratio meter to audio frequencies.

Do you think this can be helpfull to adjust some output filter.... a double zobel and a coil between them.... as a greek "P" letter network?

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg go-return.jpg (93.1 KB, 251 views)
Old 27th September 2004, 02:16 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Solid state amplifiers have a very low output impedance (a fraction of an ohm) so measuring SWR is kinda moot. The only concern would be in a tube amp where when they say output Z is 4, 8 or 16 ohms, they *mean* it
Old 27th September 2004, 06:47 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Yes, when you switch on a valve amp you ask yourself what we've beeing doing!

All those years passed, since i saw the first Germanium transistor (sounds very nice, despite of its noise).

I am asking to myself, what we have done with that old hi fidelity sound.

I think the answer is trying, and trying so hard that we cannot return anymore.

Wonderfull job the microprocessors and computer and cell phone, but for audio...my grandfather used to hear better sound.

OK to the terrible mismatch informs, non sense to match the unmatcheable (or not?), i have already some doubts.

Now a days, in my country, i cannot find more tubes and the big resistors and capacitors (oil an papper units) that can be usefull to construct valve amplifiers, also coupling transformer are impossible....i will no hear that warm sound anymore.

This way i runned to JLH, they can simulate the valve sound, it is very near related some characteristics.

Good stay in heaven John Hood!

Cheers

Carlos

Hide this!Advertise here!