Class B without takeover distortion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's a old circuit I came across that is different from most. Has anyone built up this one or anything like it? It's almost asking me to put a pair of N-channel hexfets in it. Wouldn't be hard either.

GP.

Attachments

• class b without takeover distortion.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 387
Sorry boys,

Are these posts meant to provide any information?
Am I supposed to understand what you are telling?

I this kind of schematic something which is indeed useable, or is it some curiosity of the past (I'll spice it to give it a try)?

Regards,
Dirk

The reason I posted it was simply for people to look at something a bit different and perhaps use any ideas from it for their own projects. Besides, I had not built anything like it before and was hoping someone else could give me an opinion on it.

It is a bit unusual. Even Mr. Pass mistook it for a 1940's type particle accelerator ;)

GP.

Yeah, c'mon alfsch. We want to know all about your amp!

e96mlo, from what little I know of the Quad 405 it used a big ugly amp sort of paralleled with a very refined but much smaller amp. Kind of like a husband and wife team (you figure which is which!). ;) If you do a search on "current dumping" you should find some stuff on this.

GP.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.