zen or jlh which sounds better - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th September 2004, 05:59 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default zen or jlh which sounds better

i already completed my power follower with bride of zen.it sounds great.i am planning to do my next project.
either zen or jlh 15 watts.
what about your opinion
Old 20th September 2004, 08:54 PM   #2
The one and only

I've never heard a comparison between the two, but I
think either would probably make you pretty happy.
Old 20th September 2004, 11:00 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Please Mr. Nelson, inform your reference amplifier.

To evaluate something, must refer to something...of course can be alive music...but all amplifier will be ashamed compared to alive music. And i am sure you have this knowledge fixed in your mind since some decades ago.

So, one experienced man alike you, must have one reference system to know...better than.... equal than...worst than....because compare your amps with your own amplifier models will make you conclude wich one is better and worst inside your own amplifier line...Judges consider themselves impeached in judge their own things, maybe because this is not fair.

I am very surprised you never made this comparison, because JLH is considered one reference amplifier.

I will not say that i do not believe..... i cannot say to a respectable man like you....hehe...but i have the rigth to think with freedom.

I will be happy to know what is your reference amplifier, to compare your designs.

regards,

Carlos
Old 21st September 2004, 11:38 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default hummmmm.... really?

Very good reference...hummmm...good!

hehe

regards,

Carlos
Old 22nd September 2004, 05:54 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

i will do what nelson had told.i will make both and compare them.but please ,if anybody had done please inform me.
Old 22nd September 2004, 07:25 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by renjiish
i will do what nelson had told.i will make both and compare them.but please ,if anybody had done please inform me.

There is a thread regarding amp ranking...I believe someone has the zen or its variants with the JLH or lts variants in their ranking list..

Chris
Old 23rd September 2004, 04:09 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default Some customer support before sale is important to guarantee sales

And after sale support is important to guarantee that you will keept the customer with you, with confidence, to have new future sales.

that ibasic informations i learned with Japanese, when i worked for them, as a Regional Broadcasting Salesman Manager... from Sony Broadcasting.

In that special case, having not pre-sale support, to adapt the new "ready to sale" models with the units already working in some Broadcasting Station...no chance of sales success.

But each case is different. Now a days sittuation is that Mr. Nelson is full of health and alive, and unfortunattelly Mr. Hood not , one alive and the other not...only one side inform we can have, and maybe this is the problem, hard to talk about the ones cannot defend themselves, maybe Mr. Nelson is beeing kind with John Hood memories.

Some weeks before i bougth amplifiers from Hugh Dean, from AKSA, he answered all the foolish question i made with patience.
And still now a days in contact. He is asking if i am satisfied, if i want more bass, more treble, asking about the speakers i am using, telling me the new amplifiers he have in line and the some informs related the others in development...that's support.

I send a mail to Mr. Pass, knowing he is too much busy, i will be waiting his answer related the reference he used to judge his amplifiers quality.

Assemble both amplifiers is not fair... too expensive, as you can have the "man" inform.

regards, MA

Carlos
Old 23rd September 2004, 05:28 AM   #8
Account Disabled

You must have something, which we don't know.

Zen and JLH is not commercial products while the one you bought is a commercial product. It looks unfair if you compare after-sales service quality to Zen and JLH. Am I wrong?
Old 23rd September 2004, 05:43 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Hello renjiish,

I have built both, the JLH, and many ZEN variations.
Both sounds good.
Both are eary to build.
Both produce a lot of heat.

The JLH sound more open (crisp) and natural with a wider stage.

The JLH is my favourite.
Old 23rd September 2004, 06:09 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

thank you very much self made.this is the exact answer i want.i am very happy with your answer.i really want to know whether BJT or MOSFET sounds good.since i have enough time,i will make both.
thanking you once again

Hide this!Advertise here!